Evaluation Analysis and Learning Officer
Kindly note that empty or incomplete applications as well as CVs received via email will not be considered official and will not be processed.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
Purpose of the role
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) unit supports management in learning, program structure, and the development of systems and tools that can measure the impact of NRC Lebanon's activities. In this context, the role of the EAL Officer is to aid in the development of tools and analysis of program data.
What you will do
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E procedures, guidance, and tools.
- Contribute to the evaluation of and reflection on M&E practices in the organisation.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E tools.
- Support programme staff in developing data collection methodologies and tools and in data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation of activities to monitor programme quality.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
Specifically you will;
- Collaborate closely with the program and M&E units to collect, organize, present, and manage information for M&E-related reports.
- Assist in the development and coding of outcome monitoring tools/surveys and data collection methodologies. This includes selecting the appropriate sampling method, calculating sample size, providing data collection training, and more.
- Support in data cleaning, management, and storage.
- Perform quantitative data analysis of outcome data using Excel or other statistical analysis software, and support with qualitative data analysis.
- Assist the M&E team in verifying project documentation and Means of Verification (MoVs) for completed activities, outputs, and outcomes.
- Support in compiling main recommendations and action points derived from lessons learned.
- Conduct data quality reviews of actuals and targets reported on DHIS (District Health Information System).
- Calculate and report on outcome indicators in the database and donor reports.
- Support in mapping out all data collection activities and ensuring their timely implementation.
- Attend relevant workshops, training sessions, and meetings to improve core competencies as needed.
- Provide support for other M&E duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, economics, statistics, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in M&E and/or Information Management.
- Demonstrated experience participating in assessments or surveys.
- Previous experience working with non-governmental organizations.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Experience using statistical software such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, or R (desirable).
- Experience developing information products, dashboards (PBI), infographics and maps (desirable).
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
What We Offer
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
We offer an opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and a chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people we exist to serve, and to each other… the members of our NRC family.