All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 16th of December 2022
Interested? Apply here
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC has been responding to various humanitarian crises in Lebanon since 2004, working with Palestinian, Iraqi and Syrian refugees. DRC received registration from the Ministry of Interior in 2011, and since then has focused primarily on responding to the Syrian refugee crisis in Lebanon and the resulting impact on Lebanese host community. DRC Lebanon’s focus is to ensure that we are able to respond to critical emerging humanitarian needs whilst improve the living conditions of displacement-affected populations and contribute to the achievement of durable solutions. With an annual portfolio of $12million, and with approximately 200+ staff, DRC is focusing its response in protection and economic recovery (Ec-Rec) sector in Bekka, North Lebanon and Beirut. DRC is also contributing to the evidence base and coordination structures in country through our Evidence Generation and referral information management (RIMs) teams.
About the job
The Finance Assistant will provide financial and administrative support to DRC as per DRC and donor regulations and procedures. This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the implementation of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Finance and Accounting:
- Daily accounting (bookkeeping) according to DRC financial handbook
- Cash Box counting according to the financial handbook
- Cash Book registry update daily, and cash count on a weekly, and monthly basis
- Manage petty cash and clear cash advances upon request
- Prepare monthly cash counts
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered the computerized accounting system
- Maintain proper filing of all financial documentation (vouchers, contracts, tender documents, etc.)
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
- To support the closure of accounts at the end of month
- Support to maintain and reconcile the general ledger
- To verify that any purchase is covered by the appropriate authorization and signed by authorized team member & to fill in the cash book on a daily basis
- Implement financial SOPs, policies and procedures
- Assist with audits when required
- Any other duties as requested by the Manager
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a Diploma in Finance or equivalent professional qualification.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience
• Experience with carrying out admin tasks
• Good communication skills
• Advanced proficiency in Excel
• Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
• Well-developed organizational and planning skills in order to meet deadlines
• NGO experience
• Advanced English proficiency
• Fluency in local language
• Detailed oriented
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Contract length: Until 30th of June 2023
- Band/Level: I
- Duty Station: Beirut
- Start date: 1st of February 2023
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact [email protected].