The Fundraising Officer’s role within Besme Group will be to undertake a detailed research on previous and new supporters, maintain an up-to-date record on calls for proposals while ensuring deadlines are met and build relations and networks. In order to accomplish the tasks, he/she will have to work collaboratively with the Management Team.
- Search, monitor and identify forms of funding for the programs of the association according to their needs;
- Researching, finding new ideas and writing in a professional and credible manner.
- Analyze the identified calls for projects;
- Draft concept notes, projects and budgets following the funding organization’s criteria and follow up on them throughout the process from the moment the call is announced till the end of the project;
- Prepare, on a regular basis, reports to the funding organization according to the set conditions;
- Recognizing the key factors for each organization to be able to submit an effective proposal;
- Maintain strong and honest relationships with relevant funding organizations;
- Coordinate with the Project Manager in all issues related to the projects;
- Submit periodic reports to the General Manager and Deputy Director;
- Ensure close collaboration with the finance department regarding the financials of the projects;
- Help in researches and studies for Besme Group;
- Finding new ideas, means and mechanisms to help develop the financials of Besme through communicating with donors and funding organizations;
- Contribute to the development of documents and tools for the internal work of the department;
- Develop network of potential donors. Build relationships with contact persons within funding organizations;
- Prepare reports, official correspondence and issuances for Besme and implement any additional tasks that may be required;
- Contribute to field visits for ongoing projects;
- Help in other responsibilities that may help in the work development of Besme;
- Provide hands-on support to the development and implementation of any fundraising activities and events;
Qualifications and skills
- Advanced university degree (preferably a Master’s degree or equivalent) in law, international relations, social sciences, and communications or any related area.
- At least 5 years of working experience in writing proposal
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to assist in negotiations with donors, clients and local partners to provide effective support to project teams
- Fluent written and oral English and Arabic language
- Good computer skills and advanced level of MS Office knowledge
- Deep knowledge of Lebanon working environment and active donors
- Work in a well-organized and well-structured manner with accuracy and with eye for detail, combined with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Fundraising experience at an NGO
- Intercultural sensitivity and affinity with the international development sector
- Attentiveness to the ongoing affairs related to the non-governmental sector
- French Language is a plus
- Beirut resident in order to be able to reach our offices due to the current situation in the country
Full time from Monday to Friday (9:00 am to 3:30 pm) with a flexibility to work on weekends and out of duty hours in case needed for the development and implementation of any project or event.
- Special benefits will be offered for each accepted proposal.