Newsletter Writer/ Editor - Job Vacancy
Interested Candidates must send their CVs to: [email protected], with subject line: "Newsletter Writer/ Editor - Job Vacancy"
The newsletter writer responsibilities within LOGI’s governance structure:
● LOGI has both a Governing Board, whose officers are elected; an Advisory Board, whose members are selected, and an executive team whose members are selected through a call for applications.
● LOGI’s Governing Board takes legal responsibility for LOGI, ensures the integrity of its financial and legal frameworks. It endorses LOGI’s strategy and priorities in consultancy with the Advisory Board and input for its wider membership base. It also oversees LOGI’s operations and the performance of the executive director.
● The Executive Director and staff oversee LOGI's overall strategy and workplan, in addition to running LOGI’s operations under the guidance and management of the Governing Board.
● LOGI’s Governing Board and Advisory Board ensure that the organization’s policy positions on issues related to Lebanon’s petroleum sector follow its Public Advocacy Standards.
Since the Newsletter is developed jointly by LOGI and Kulluna Irada, LOGI’s strategic partner, the Newsletter writer reports to LOGI’s executive director, Kulluna Irada’s director of policy, and LOGI’s communication officer and is responsible for preparing a monthly newsletter and fact sheet by conducting research about the latest news in the oil and gas sector, running interviews with relevant stakeholders and drafting the final articles.
● Attend a monthly online meeting to brainstorm the main ideas of the upcoming newsletter
● Keep a constant and close monitoring of all political speeches, articles and press releases dealing with oil and gas related issues
● Conduct research about the latest oil and gas news in Lebanon and the region
● Write the full newsletter and deliver it on time (by the 20th of every month)
● Follow on LOGI’s work, projects and asks and include them in the newsletter
● Run interviews with relevant stakeholders to support the shared information through the newsletter
● Prepare investigative reports related to the oil and gas sector to be added to the newsletter if needed
● Write a series of tweets to cover the main messages shared throughout the newsletter Skills required
● Bachelor’s degree in Communications, journalism or related field
● 3 years post graduate experience in journalism jobs or communications
● Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content
● Fluency in Arabic or English (Oral and written) French is a plus
● Proven ability to deliver on time
● Ability to work under tight schedules