Part-Time TL Assistant Program Coordinator - Beirut
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to [email protected], specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, August 31, 2020.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The TL Assistant Program Coordinator attends to all administrative and logistical needs for a specific MEPI-funded Tomorrow’s Leaders (TL) award or student cohort including: academic follow up, registration support, visa, residency, graduation services, ticketing and transportation, outreach, supporting academic functions broadly, student file and/or case reviews as needed.
He/she coordinates logistics for activities, workshops and seminars offered for the needs of the relevant TL award and/or cohort. As needed, completes all necessary forms to document the project’s or student progress, and compliance to grant requirements.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Follows up on planned activities and coordinates with the concerned TL management team
- Assists the Program Coordinator/Academic Director in logistical tasks as needed
- Supports programmatic reporting and tracking as guided by the management team
- Conducts weekly meetings with scholars to monitor their academic progress & their attendance of activities
- Follows up on registration process and addresses student’s inquiries with registration process every semester
- Resolves routine questions and problems, and refer more complex issues to the Program Coordinator/Academic Director
- Compiles all student-related forms, documents and ensure that students’ files are complete: petitions, appeals, requests, agreements, needed forms, etc.
- Attends activities, workshops / trips / events organized for TL students for documentation purposes
- Prepares TL events (logistics, transportation, catering, multimedia)
- Follows up on dorms issues, as needed, relevant to MEPI TL Scholars and forwards requests to Program Coordinator as needed (when applicable)
- Maintains the process to apply / renew Lebanese annual residency permit for MEPI – TL students (when applicable)
- Collects periodically information from students to coordinate their travel itinerary, and airport pick-up (travel notifications, plans for university breaks (winter/summer)
- Performs any relevant additional task assigned by the Program Director
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in grant-related work or in an administrative capacity
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English and Arabic
- Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Excellent writing skills and ability to generate reports
- Resourcefulness, resilience, and openness to diverse views
- Passionate about working with international students
- Must possess the nature and qualities to work with youths
- جبل لبنان
- Jbeil (Byblos)
- Blat (Jbayl)