DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries. Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Objective of the Programme
LERII is a 4-year DFID-funded programme that will support the Lebanese Government (GoL) in implementing economic reforms related to electricity, roads, water, waste management, PPPs, PFM, investment climate and macro-fiscal reforms. The overall outcome of the programme is to increase likelihood that the Lebanese government:
i. Implements key economic reforms;
ii. Reaches agreement on the construction of key donor-financed infrastructure;
iii. And that such projects are successfully built and operated.
To achieve these objectives two type of delivery vehicles will be used:
• Support preparation and investment in large infrastructure projects through the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD). Delivery of this component will be linked to progress on economic reforms.
• Technical assistance (TA) delivered through a flexible and adaptive facility (LERII-TAF) man-aged by DAI to support Lebanese government ministries and agencies who are involved in direct planning and delivery of infrastructure and economic reforms.
The project office of DAI Europe Ltd in Lebanon is looking for an IT specialist to manage, organise and supervise IT related matters. Coordinates all MIS development, including but not limited to installing and maintaining software and hardware in the office. Regular maintenance of all IT hardware.
Works directly with HQ OIMT team. Is responsible for maintaining office communications equipment in good order and development of advanced programs of communications that will enhance efficiency and proficiency of the offices. The IT Specialist knows and understands major operating systems, various software applications and basic hardware for the PC, principles and theories of network systems and management; server configuration, firewall and switch configuration, Internet technologies and products, autonomous telephone system and basic understanding of electrical safety procedures
Scope of Work
The IT Support Company/individual is responsible for the oversight of project IT needs as agreed upon under the contract, to include Ad Hoc system installations, maintenance, support and technical consultations to the project. The IT Support Company is responsible for ensuring that standards set by the DAI OIMT are followed and proprietary project solutions are the most efficient and cost effective available. Responsibilities include the oversight of the Local Area Network, IT equipment and services at project offices, adhering to back up, anti-virus and disaster recovery procedures and ensuring that end users have reliable access to shared files, printers and collaboration tools (email, instant messaging, voice calling, and video calling).
DAI’s Office of Information Management & Technology (OIMT) will provide the Local IT Support with guidelines for system administration at every level, as such it is the responsibility of the IT Support to keep OIMT informed of issues and or proposed system modifications which deviate from standard operating procedure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- WAN connectivity and maintenance (Internet connection and services; Broadband, leased line, ADSL, ISDN or dial-up connection and devices configuration and maintenance).
- Client computer hardware and application installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance (laptops, desktops, Windows OS updates, approved 3rd party software updates, Microsoft Office suite, IBM Notes and other mail clients, AV client) following OIMT established procedures.
- Act as the point of contact with OIMT, respond to all end user support issues and requests, escalating to OIMT as needed, perform troubleshooting steps as directed by OIMT staff during escalation.
- Provide assistance to OIMT and project in local procurement of IT related equipment with regards to DAI standards.
- Backup is performed as instructed by home office.
- Software and antivirus updates are current for all clients and Support services will be performed on site at an agreed upon schedule which is determined at the time of signing the support contract.
Basic Schedule of Services
- Review system logs and assess any errors, resolving or escalating to OIMT (backup, antivirus, UPS, Security Appliance) if present
- Resolve end user support requests.
- Log services performed to be sent on a monthly basis to project office manager and OIMT Home office.
- Perform client software updates as instructed by OIMT. This may include but is not limited to IBM Notes Client software updates, antivirus definition and software updates and MS Office software updates.
- Perform 3rd party software updates for all approved software.
- Remove unauthorized software as detected by OIMT monitoring tools.
- Prepare the report on monthly incidents and scheduled services performed.
- Perform driver and firmware updates on client computers.
- Perform driver and firmware updates for printers.
- Correct any outstanding issues and problems
- Prepare report and send to office manager and HQ OIMT.
Other duties as needed:
- Respond to and resolve critical issues: systems failure, internet outage, work stoppage issues. Notify DAI Home Office OIMT if issues cannot be resolved in a timely manner.
- Resolve individual user hardware/software problems, working with OIMT / local service provider in resolving or providing replacements.
- Computer setup for new employees or new software installation.
- Administration of Windows Client operating systems in Active Directory domain environment.
- Support of common productivity tools (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Must have English language proficiency, verbal and written
- Support or basic knowledge of IBM Notes Client Administration, and replication within WAN.
- Manage engine desktop central update management systems
How to apply
Interested candidates can send their CVs and motivation letter on [email protected] mentioning the position title as subjectمنتهية الصلاحية