Call for financial Consultant- ARYAF
Context & Background
Berytech is a leading organization in the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in Lebanon, that aims to provide a conducive environment for the creation and development of startups, through incubation, business support, counseling, funding, networking, and company hosting, hence taking part in the economic revival of the country, participating in wealth and job creation, and retaining graduates and high-level skills in Lebanon.
About ARYAF PROJECT
ARYAF serves Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises operating in food processing, local hospitality, tourism, the restaurant industry, eco-tourism, and Agri-tourism within west Bekaa, Zahle, and South Mount Lebanon.
The program aims to empower sixty MSMEs (Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises) to increase their sales volume, implement a business continuity plan, and provide training to their staff, including youth, women, and disabled individuals.
The program is funded by The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für International Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), in partnership with Berytech, within the framework of Strengthening Agriculture, Local Communities and Small and Medium Enterprises project (ACE).
BLAT Coffee Shop is a small coffee shop that offers pizza, salads, wine, and coffee in one of the oldest souks in Zahle, Lebanon making it an attractive destination for locals and tourists. BLAT Coffee Shop aims to provide a cozy and authentic atmosphere for its customers while serving high-quality and delicious food and beverages.
BLAT Coffee Shop faces challenges such as managing its accounting records and controlling its costs and expenses. To address these challenges, BLAT Coffee Shop needs a financial consultancy that can provide accounting software and financial management training.
Scope of Work
The main objective of the consultancy is to improve the financial performance and sustainability of BLAT Coffee Shop by providing the following services:
- Point of sale system: The consultant is required to provide and install a point of sale system that is suitable for BLAT Coffee shop's size and needs. The point-of-sale system includes a printer hardware device and a software application that will enable BLAT Coffee Shop to process payments, manage inventory, track sales, generate reports, and allow for accurate and flexible ordering instruction to kitchen and bar staff which allows the waiters to add their notes to the order within the system.
The point of sale system must also include accounting features that will help BLAT Coffee shop to record, organize, and report its financial transactions, such as purchases, expenses, taxes, etc. The point of sale system must also generate financial statements, that will help BLAT Coffee Shop monitor and analyze its financial situation and performance.
- Financial management training: The consultant will deliver a financial management training to BLAT Coffee shop's owner and staff, to enhance their financial literacy and skills. The training will cover topics such as accounting principles and concepts, financial statements and ratios, budgeting and forecasting, cash flow management, cost control, inventory management, tax compliance, financial decision-making, and financial reporting and auditing. The training will also include practical exercises and case studies, to help BLAT Coffee Shop to apply the learned concepts and tools to its own business.
The scope of the consultancy will include the following tasks:
- Provide and install the point of sale system with all the needed accessories, and train BLAT Coffee shop's owner and staff on how to use it.
- Provide financial management training, and help BLAT Coffee Shop improve its financial literacy and skills.
The consultant will be responsible for:
- Providing and installing the point-of-sale system with a QR menu
- Providing financial management training
- Providing regular updates to the POS and support to BLAT Coffee Shop.
The deliverables for this project are as follows:
- A point-of-sale system
- A financial management training
- Financial Expertise: A strong background in finance, accounting, and financial management.
- Experience in Point-of-Sale Systems: Prior experience in implementing and configuring point-of-sale systems.
- Accounting Software Proficiency: Expertise in accounting software is necessary to set up the system with accounting features.
- Financial Training Skills: Strong training and communication skills.
- Professionalism and Ethics: Adherence to professional standards, confidentiality, and ethical conduct
- Company profile highlighting relevant qualifications and experience
- A portfolio or samples of previous financial consultancy work
How to apply
Timeline and Application
The selected consultant is expected to start as soon as possible after selection. The contract duration is 4 weeks.
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- Technical (maximum two pages) describing the methodology to conduct the work based on the content suggested in the section: “Scope of Work, and Deliverables” elaborating it further.
- Profile and project references (maximum two pages): A brief explanation of the consultant(s) background should be submitted (CVs shall be included as an annex) along with project references on the topic.
- Financial Proposal describing the expected remuneration and the proposed period of the intervention devided per deliverable as mentioned above.
Documents and proposals must be sent to [email protected] by January 10th, 2024, at the latest, with the subject: “ARYAF-Point of sale – financial consultancy.”
Important: The header of the technical and financial offers must clearly note the candidate data (Name, address, country, telephone, email, and fiscal identity number or other official number).
Due to the large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.منتهية الصلاحية