Internal/ External VA: Operations Assistant, GS-5, Tyre, Lebanon, PN#125377, Fixed Term Appointment
Please apply through the following link: http://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/567351?lApplicationSubSourceID=
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, support
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nation.
How can you make a difference?
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Field Office, The incumbent performs and coordinate administrative support functions for South and Nabatieh field office in Tyre, which include work supervision of administrative staff engaged in transportation and ancillary staff, as indicated by the requirements and structure of the organization.
- Supervise the zonal office transport function including overseeing the work and providing guidance to the team of drivers, responsible for the smooth coordination of the zonal office fleet as well as office rented vehicles. Liaise with transport assistant in Beirut office regarding all maintenance and repairs required. Check all logbooks on a regular basis to verify trips undertaken and paying particular attention to vehicle fuel consumption and any anomalies on the mileage covered per trip and report the same to the Administrative Officer in Beirut.
- Support with Administrative arrangements regarding official travel of staff and UNICEF visitors, prepare and monitor travel plan, arranging for security clearances and issue travel authorizations in line with UNICEF rules and regulations confirming accuracy of information for signature of budget owner.
- Support in arranging for adequate office space and furniture for staff members and office maintenance services in a timely fashion and supervising the office cleaning services to provide effective operations support to the office.
- Maintain up-to-date inventory of all UNICEF expendable and non-expendable properties and assist Beirut Admin with preparation of the annual physical inventory for the zonal office.
- Supports with keeping stock and issuance of office stationery, equipment accessories and consumables including toner cartridges, and distribution of stationery as per requests. Prepare monthly summary sheet on the balances of the items.
- Monitors and supervises Office maintenance and maintenance of office equipment by contractors and certifies that the contractors have undertaken the job as required before payment is made.
- Supports with administrative arrangements for meetings, workshops, seminars and visitors by coordinating transportation, hotel accommodations, conference room reservations and audio-visual equipment, as required.
- Custodian of Petty and Cash on Hand (COHA); monitors all cash requests, properly documents and disburses according to UNICEF rules in a timely way, replenishing promptly as needed under the guidance of Supervisor.
- Support with other operational tasks, related to country office operations in the areas of HR, Administration and Finance, Supply and Logistics and ICT, if and when required.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education, supplemented by diploma or certificate in the business and administrative field
- Five years of progressively responsible administrative or financial work.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://www.unicef.org/careers/get-prepared#Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: https://www.unicef.org/careers/media/1041/file/UNICEF%27s_Competency_Fra....
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Should you be selected for a position with UNICEF, you either must be inoculated as required or receive a medical exemption from the relevant department of the UN. Otherwise, the selection will be cancelled.
All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF does not charge any fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.