How to apply
Please submit your application, consisting of a cover letter, Europass format CV and a declaration on honor (no specific format) regarding the good standing/work rights/medical fitness/work experience via the functional mailbox [email protected] no later than 24:00 26/10/2023. Only complete applications received on time via the functional mailbox will be considered. The expected start date will be on 01/02/2024.
The successful candidate will be subject to a [medical check, background check, etc. whatever is relevant].
After the deadline for applications, the eligible applications will be admitted to the Selection by the Committee set up for this purpose.
Depending on the number of applications received, successive phases of Selection may include shortlisting of candidates based assessment of the information provided in the cover letter, CV; practical testing and interviews. At least three best candidates will be invited to the final interview, test, presentation or whatever final phase is most suitable.
Only candidates admitted to each successive selection phase will be contacted individually. The Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this job advertisement to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure. During the selection process, please do not contact the members of the Selection Committee, but address your questions and comments to the Delegation’s Administration.
The post of Driver (Local Agent Group V) in the Delegation’s Administration Section. The team consists of 18 people and there are occasional atypical working hours.
Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation, and on the changes of these needs. The successful candidate will serve under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Administration Section, providing support, expertise and assistance in [the relevant field].
Following main tasks and duties are currently required:
- Driving services for the EU Delegation;
- Conscientiously driving a duty motor vehicle on assignments, in diverse weather conditions within the country and to neighboring countries (official missions), for the purpose of conveying Delegation staff, visiting personnel and property;
- Coordinating with the Administration, collecting information and arranging daily driving duties;
- Completing logbooks and records detailing official trips, daily mileages, petrol consumption, oil changes, etc.
- Responsible for the day-to-day control and maintenance of the assigned vehicle: checking oil, water, battery, tires, etc.;
- Uphold a tidy and presentable state of the interior of vehicles consistently, and the exterior when circumstances allow;
- Performing minor servicing;
- Installing and removing tire chains as required by weather conditions;
- Reporting defects and repairs needed to the vehicles.
- Messenger services;
- Purchases, payments and other similar services;
- Assisting in the completion of customs formalities, registering and de-registering, etc. of EU Delegation vehicles;
- Preparing accident reports when required;
- Complying with the official instructions regarding the EU Delegation drivers work, attitude and car park;
- To carry out any other task, as instructed by his/her superior(s).
Minimum requirements / eligibility criteria (necessary for the application to be considered)
- Minimum of 3 years of proven experience in the field of transportation – professional driver.
- Working knowledge English and Arabic language (B2 or higher), both written and oral;
- A valid driving license in the B and D1 categories obtained more than 5 years ago;
- Good knowledge of traffic laws and first aid practices;
- Knowledge of car mechanics;
- Computer literacy including working knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work in a multi-ethnical and multicultural environment;
- High level of responsibility, personal integrity and discretion;
- Physical ability to lift and carry materials and light equipment;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent team spirit.
Assets / selection criteria
Assets relevant to several tasks and duties:
- Former working experience with a diplomatic mission or international organization;
- Completed armored vehicles driver training (min. B6);
- Proven experience in use of communications equipment (radios, SAT phones, GPS navigation systems);
- Knowledge of French or another EU language at level B1 or higher.