Livelihoods Program Coordinator
Interested applicants must submit their CV and a Cover Letter to the email [email protected] by October 31, 2023 and include the Job title "Livelihoods Program Coordinator" in the email subject line.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ABAAD is an equal employment opportunity organization.
ABAAD– Resource Center for Gender Equality is a UN ECOSOC accredited organization that aims to achieve gender equality as an essential condition to sustainable social and economic development in the MENA region.
ABAAD advocates for the development and implementation of policies and laws that enhance women’s effective participation, through a rights-based approach that would bring about tangible change to gender justice.
With the purpose of ending gender-based violence, ABAAD adopts a holistic care approach to provide protection and support services to GBV survivors/right holders during times of peace, war and disasters since 2011.
ABAAD has a zero-tolerance policy to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during work hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff, in addition to related mandatory training. All staff must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.
The Livelihood Program Coordinator will lead on the formulation, design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of integrating Livelihoods in GBV programming. He/She will lead in drafting the guidelines on development of income generating activities and business development skills to enhance women socio-economic empowerment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Specific responsibilities:
- Work closely with program unit to develop a methodology and approach on integrating livelihoods into GBV programming
- Works closely with M&E and technical unit to prepare project implementation plans and monitoring systems for the Livelihoods intervention part of any project.
- Collaborate with the technical unit in integrating livelihoods into gender and GBV programming.
- Work closely with different internal stakeholders to produce an initial draft of the guidelines on development of income generation and business skills to enhance women economic empowerment.
- Large section of focus to be on MAKANI project which aims to assisting mothers build pathways to economic empowerment and social inclusion and improve their opportunities to access income through a few activities as follows:
- Assist women groups in identifying production sectors with potential of supporting start-up/structuring of economic activities for the women involved in the project.
- Design tools and define the methodology for a participatory mapping with the support of ABAAD’s technical team to be carried out by women groups. The mapping would identify the production sectors with the greatest potential for development and sustainability.
- Conduct a market and feasibility analysis of the production strands identified through the mapping exercise to verify their economic viability in the local market. The final result would be an analysis in which at least four sectors will be identified among those that allow both greater opportunities for the inclusion of women and a higher level of economic, social and environmental sustainability.
- Design a skills assessment aimed at assessing the experiences, skills and expectations in the work sphere of the beneficiary women on an individual basis.
- Support women from the participatory mapping in the realization of a business and entrepreneurial development plan.
- Support women in identifying specific needs for their different activities and collaborate with operations to ensure best cost vs value is applied.
- General duties:
- Support the Program team in planning and implementing the project activities to meet project deliverables based on timeline and scope agreed with the donor.
- Oversee the successful implementation of program activities, ensuring that work plans are followed, that activities are on schedule, and that program deliverables are completed as promised.
- Contribute to data collection tools, assessments and mapping reports.
- Provide day-to-day oversight and coordination, including administrative, financial and logistical support; Troubleshoot any administrative problems and report any challenges or bottlenecks to the Director of Programs.
- Participate in team planning and coordination meetings and trainings.
- Support monitoring and evaluation efforts to document projects’ outputs, outcomes, and impact to inform donors and other internal reporting.
- Contributes to the analysis of data collected to facilitate assessment results and lessons learnt.
- Oversee outreach activities in target areas.
- Monitor adherence to grant agreements, ABAAD policies and procedures and relevant external rules and regulations.
- Prepare quarterly progress reports to be submitted to the Director of Programs.
- Contribute to all reports to meet donor and internal requirements.
- Ensure all activities are gender sensitive and follow ABAAD’s Policies;
- Apply Do No Harm standards to ensure activities do not have detrimental effects on vulnerable communities.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to ABAAD and to not jeopardize its mission.
- Participate in internal office coordination, planning meetings, and workshops.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/S or equivalent in social science, education, sociology, psychology, or other relevant field.
- At least seven years of progressive experience and proven high level of competence in working in livelihoods, skills development.
- Proven ability to successfully implement economic development programming.
- Experience creating and managing detailed action/project plans and assessing impact to timelines and budget for change in scope or pivot in direction.
- Deep knowledge of Lebanon, in particular its economic challenges.
- Great communication skills.
- Proficiency in English is essential.
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.
- جبل لبنان
- Furn Ech Chebbak - Ain El Remmaneh - Tahouitat el Nahr