Justice without Frontiers (JWF) is a nongovernmental, juristic organization, incorporated in November 2005 and headquartered in Beirut. Our role is to develop and promote Law Projects that support Human Rights and to achieve a just society where all its citizens have equal rights to access Justice. Justice without Frontiers gathers volunteer lawyers, law professionals, and passionate individuals who believe in Human Rights principles and are dedicated to work towards prosecuting violators and supporting victims who have no access to justice, at the national, regional, and international levels.
Justice without Frontiers (JWF) aims to achieve its objectives through prosecuting human right violators in national, regional, and international courts, providing legal assistance and legal representation to victims of violence, torture, and abuse and representing them in such courts.
The Field Officer will work under the supervision and guidance of the director and the project coordinator. S/he will be the principal representative of executing the overall activities at field level and report to the director or project officer. The major role of the Field Officer will be to establish strong coordination and linkages amongst all the major stakeholders in the field and at the center level to ensure that program activities are implemented successfully. The specific responsibilities of the Field Officer will include the following:
- Implement the project activities in within his/her respective area of responsibility as per the annual work plan and budget.
- Ensure that the implementation of work plan is consistent with the envisaged outputs and objectives of the project document.
- Ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach is undertaken among project partners at field-level /in implementing project interventions and achieving desired outcomes.
- Assist director or project officer in organizing various workshops, trainings and planning.
- During field visits, assure that all documents are distributed and collected accurately
- Prepare annual work plan, quarterly progress report, annual progress report and other plans as required, with assistance/inputs of other project staff and ensure timely submission to the Director.
Skills and competence:
- BA degree in development, gender, protection and/or any other relevant fields.
- Fluency in written/spoken Arabic and English.
- Gender development, protection background and/or human rights background.
- Familiar with the M&E principals, manage data entry and data analysis following the M&E standards applied by JWF. In addition to writing learning reports, such as success stories, good practices…
- Understanding/experience of program implementation principles and their practical application
- Ability to form trusting, effective working relationships across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Highly flexible in style with the ability to produce creative and pragmatic solutions to complex/ambiguous operational problems.
Prepared to undertake regular monitoring travels to the field.
- Ability to coordinate with JWF’s partners in the implementation of several activities.
- Ability to manage some logistical matters related to events, campaigns, activities…
- Ability to hold meetings with JWF’s volunteers and manage the volunteers program and engage them with JWF’s activities.
- Ability to fulfill any other required duties
- Ability to work with a team
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy, resolve conflicts and achieve results.