Trainer - Proposal Writing
Interested candidates are hereby invited to submit their CVs, cover letters, portfolios, and signed financial quotations, to the following email address [email protected] mentioning “Proposal Writing Trainer” in the subject email.
Applications with missed documents will not be considered. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Skoun Lebanese Addictions Center is a neutral non-governmental organization providing accessible mental health and psychosocial support, awareness, and protection for people who use drugs. We are committed to reducing the harms caused by substance use in Lebanon. At the core of our work is inclusion. We are committed to provide an equal, open, and diverse environment within all of our activities. Our services are provided without discrimination.
About the Project
Under the project of “Improving Mental Health and Well-being of People Living in Lebanon” A consortium of three organizations, MdM, Skoun, Embrace, and the National Mental Health Program (NMHP), supported by the Agence Francaise de Development (AFD), aims to improve the opportunities for women, men, boys, girls, and gender variant individuals in Lebanon to enjoy the best possible mental health and wellbeing. The consortium aims to reach its objective by supporting community-based Mental Health and Psycho-Social Support (MHPSS) and Substance Uses (SU) systems offering appropriate, quality, and gender-inclusive services to all people living in Lebanon, particularly the most vulnerable groups and people at risk while tackling gender barriers in service access and gender biases in service provision. The specific activities of the project target the different levels of the social-ecological model with activities designed and aimed at the individual, interpersonal, organizational, and community levels
This term of reference outlines the responsibilities, qualifications, and deliverables of a Proposal Writing Trainer.
The trainer will be responsible for providing comprehensive training to participants mainly focused on:
- Developing the background
- Problem statement
- Theory of change
- Creating and developing Log frames
- Conduct training sessions on proposal writing catering to participants of varying levels of experience and knowledge
- Design and develop training materials, including presentations, handouts, exercises, and case studies, that effectively convey the key concepts and techniques of proposal writing
- Deliver engaging and interactive training sessions that promote active learning and participation
- Provide feedback and guidance to participants on their proposal writing skills and provide recommendations for improvement
- Customize the training content and approach based on the specific needs and objectives of the participants
- Well-versed and updated with the latest trends, best practices, and methodologies in proposal writing
Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive experience in proposal writing, preferably in the Mental health and Substance Use field
- In-depth knowledge of the proposal development lifecycle, including planning, strategy, research, writing, review, and submission
- Excellent understanding of proposal evaluation criteria, donor requirements, NGOs / INGOs standards
- Strong facilitation and training skills, with the ability to engage and motivate participants
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively deliver training materials and provide feedback
- Demonstrated ability to develop and customize training content based on the specific needs of the participants and Skoun’s mission, vision and values.
- Develop a comprehensive training curriculum on proposal writing including detailed session plans, training materials, and exercises.
- Deliver engaging and interactive training sessions that meet the learning objectives of the participants.
- Provide participants with feedback and recommendations on their proposal writing skills.
- Create and distribute training resources, such as handouts, templates and sample proposals to support participants in their future proposal writing endeavors.
- Submit a comprehensive training report, summarizing the training outcomes, participants’ feedback and recommendations for future training improvements, mentioning some follow-up if needed.
- Provide certificates
Duration and Logistics
- Training is to be conducted over 3days
- The training can be conducted either in-person or virtually, depending on the circumstances and preferences of the participants
- Skoun will provide administrative support, including participant registration, venue booking, and logistical arrangements
Interested trainers and or Organizations should submit the following documents for consideration
- Curriculum vitae, highlighting relevant experience in proposal writing training
- A detailed proposal outlining
- The training approaches
- Training content
- And any additional resources or support that will be provided
- Official quotation must be submitted with the application