All applicants must send an updated CV in English.
Upon submission, please include the position " Communication Officer" in the subject of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Contact email: [email protected]
Red Oak is a Lebanese NGO. It promotes innovative approaches to existing social, educational and cultural structures through education, art, art therapy and mental health, for the protection of children, the empowerment of women and girls, and the inclusion of persons with disabilities.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce appealing and effective, fully edited high-quality photos, videos, and films.
- Use social media platforms, especially Facebook, to produce engaging text, photo, and video posts.
- Propose ideas and slogans for communication campaigns.
- Responsible for maintaining and building a professional archive of all photos, footage, and videos that are produced.
- Responsible for compiling accurate information about each photo taken and labeling it accordingly.
- Responsible for conducting research, as necessary to help produce accurate content for compelling videos and accurate labels for photos
- Responsible for compiling photos of each activity on a regular basis
- Managing social media accounts and boosting ads
- Update and maintain website and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) such as daily monitoring, posting and content development on a regular basis through collaboration with the team.
- Assist in event planning
- Daytime travel throughout Lebanon is required
- Supports in writing, editing and overseeing the production of press releases, newsletters, reports, social media posts, etc. and other communication materials that may include photography and videography.
- Assists in coordinating communication activities and events
- Helps compile and update media contact lists and invitation mailing lists
- Planning, developing and implementing communication strategies.
- Regularly update social media schedule and lead on Communications as per existing strategy.
- Assist in developing brochures, donor gifts and cards.
- Ensure proper development of visibility tools including LOGOs, business cards, etc.
- Ensure coverage of events through videos, pictures and press releases.
A minimum of 3 years in a similar position.
Demonstrated and extensive social media experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, cinematography, photography, audiovisual, photojournalism or any related field.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills and proficiency in Arabic. In addition, excellent written and oral French is highly desirable.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, team player.
- Ability to meet work deadlines.
- Self-motivated and capable of taking initiatives and proposing and finding ideas.
Red Oak believes in diversity and invites candidates to apply regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, disability, marital or civil partnership status, or ethnic and national origins, etc.