Head Nurse - Akkar- Andkit
In order to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the template on the following link:
A member of our Human Resources team will contact you soon if your profile is considered for the job vacancy, and if more information is needed. If you are not being approached by our Human Resources team, please consider your application automatically registered in our database.
Caritas Lebanon is committed to all Safeguarding Principles and will not tolerate any act in any shape or form of misuse regarding Child Safeguarding Policies and Sexual Exploitation Abuse or Harassment (SEA). All staff must understand that Caritas Lebanon will apply a zero-tolerance policy to SEA and any harassment of any type. Caritas Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Moreover, Caritas Lebanon will not share any personal data with anyone outside Caritas Lebanon whatsoever unless requested by Law. All applicants are strictly required to adhere to these standards. Therefore, the selected applicant shall be requested to provide additional information to conduct the needed background check.
In addition, Caritas Lebanon will reserve its rights not to hire any applicant who was previously reported for a SEA incident.
MAJOR DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizes weekly meetings with the center team.
- Oversee the daily activities and operations of the elderly care center.
- Ensure the smooth functioning of all aspects related to resident care.
- Manage the stock of pharmacy, hygiene and food and all related stock and equipment.
- Takes responsibility for procuring necessary supplies, materials, and resources to ensure the smooth running of the center.
- Arranges for the purchase of medical supplies, office materials, food, and any other items essential for daily operations.
- Ensures the administrative work of the center in coordination with the Area Manager.
- Provides the Area Manager with weekly, monthly and progress reports detailing the activities of the center.
- Establishes the schedule of the staff (nurses, assistants, cook, cleaners, logistics…).
- Adjusts schedules as needed to maintain efficient operations.
- Follow up with each employee on the progress of the services and program delivered in the center.
- Organizes meetings with caregivers.
- Monitors the employees.
- Liaises between the center team and the Area Manager.
- Provides guidance and supervision to nursing staff.
- Ensures that the services are delivered with a high-quality assurance.
- Reports on the achievements, challenges and staff and elderly queries to the Area Manager.
- Assess the health and well-being of elderly residents.
- Maintain accurate resident records and health information.
- Ensures that the center meets all quality and safety standards.
- Implements best practices in elderly care.
- Attends capacity building trainings.
- Follow Caritas Lebanon operational policy and procedures.
- Respect the internal policies and procedures for example: dress code, attendance, discipline, etc.
- Complete schedules, activity planners, monitor staff availability and act against any shortfalls.
- Resolve any staff issues and escalate any unresolved issue to the related manager.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor in this case the Area Manager.
- Certified Nurse / Bachelor's degree in Nursing / Relevant nursing experience.
- Person must possess values consistent with the mission of Caritas.
- Active Listening.
- Creative spirit.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Great methodological and organizational rigor.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Efficiency under stress.
- Ability to take responsibility
- Excellent knowledge of English, French and Arabic
- Ability to work after working hours.
- Good knowledge in Elderly Care and rights.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Knowledge of healthcare regul
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environmentations and protocols.
Related Work Experience
- Minimum 3 years in the field of nursing care and management.
- English, French and Arabic