All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 19th September 2023
Interested? Apply here!
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC has been responding to various humanitarian crises in Lebanon since 2004, working with Palestinian, Iraqi and Syrian refugees. DRC received registration from the Ministry of Interior in 2011, and since then has focused primarily on responding to the Syrian refugee crisis in Lebanon and the resulting impact on Lebanese host community. DRC Lebanon’s focus is to ensure that we are able to respond to critical emerging humanitarian needs whilst improve the living conditions of displacement-affected populations and contribute to the achievement of durable solutions. With an annual portfolio of $12million, and with approximately 200+ staff, DRC is focusing its response in protection and economic recovery (Ec-Rec) sector in Bekka, North Lebanon and Beirut. DRC is also contributing to the evidence base and coordination structures in country through our Evidence Generation and referral information management (RIMs) teams
About the job
The finance Assistant is responsible for daily finance and accounting tasks in the DRC Bekaa in line with DRC and donor requirements. Provide financial and administrative support to DRC and partners as per DRC and donor regulations and procedures.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Transfers and payments:
- Ensure all payments are made in a timely manner, and in accordance with existing DRC policy
- Ensure all payments meet the requirements of Lebanese law and engage with authorities, tax advisors or other stakeholders to ensure tax requirements are met accordingly
- Ensure that payment documents comply with DRC internal financial procedures and donor regulations
Finance and accounting:
- Daily accounting (bookkeeping) according to DRC financial handbook
- Manage petty cash and clear cash advances upon request
- Prepare monthly and daily cash counts
- Maintain proper filing of all financial documentation (vouchers, contracts, tender documents, etc.)
- Transferring payments when needed and follows up with partners’ reports
- Follows a given work plan
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
- Assist with collecting, reviewing, correcting and filing all financial progress reports from the partners
- Support financial report preparations (make sure that all invoices are created in the system and all journals are posted)
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a Bachelor/University degree in Accounting, Business, finance.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum 1 year's relevant work experience in similar field.
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
- Good communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Contract length: Until 30th of June 2024
- Band/Level: I
- Duty Station: Bekaa Lebanon
- Start date: October 2023
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact [email protected]