Interested individuals should submit their CV & Cover Letter by September 5, 2023 to
[email protected] indicating in the subject line “DM&E Officer”
E-mails with no subject lines will be disregarded.
The interview process will be ongoing and might end upon receiving a qualified candidate for the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants who have a personal relationship/association with a CLDH staff member are required to declare it in their email application.
The Lebanese Center for Human Rights (CLDH) is a local non-profit, non-partisan Lebanese human rights organization based in Beirut. CLDH was created in 2006 by the Franco-Lebanese Movement SOLIDA (Support for Lebanese Detained Arbitrarily), which has been active since 1996 in the struggle against arbitrary detention, enforced disappearance and the impunity of those perpetrating gross human rights violations.
CLDH monitors the human rights situation in Lebanon, fights enforced disappearance, impunity, arbitrary detention and racism and rehabilitates the victims of torture. CLDH regularly organizes press conferences, workshops and advocacy meetings on human rights issues in Lebanon and collects, records and documents human rights abuses in reports and press releases.
CLDH team on the ground supports initiatives aimed at determining the fate of all missing persons in Lebanon.
CLDH regularly follows up on numerous cases of arbitrary detention and torture in Lebanon in coordination with Lebanese and international organizations, and with the United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention WGAD and the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture.
The MEAL department was established as an independent component within CLDH toward the end of 2019.
In early 2023, CLDH acquired the Activity Info Database to utilize the data entry of the frontliners on the system, ensure timely and informative reporting, and minimize human error. The DM&E Officer will be responsible for co-leading and supporting various stages of project design, proposal writing, and monitoring and evaluation efforts and will report directly to the Head of M&E department & Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and Co-lead on the identification of potential donors and funding opportunities.
- Ongoing search for relevant call for proposals from various sources.
- Regularly update the donor database with accurate and relevant information.
- Ensure the database is current, organized, and easily accessible for reference
- Collaborate with colleagues to co-lead or lead the process of writing high-quality project proposals.
- Ensure proposals are comprehensive, well-structured, and aligned with the organization's goals.
- Co-lead or lead the creation of concept notes that effectively communicate project ideas and goals to potential donors.
- Work closely with the Head of Department to coordinate program design, concept note, and proposal development efforts.
- Provide support in generating quantitative and qualitative reports
- Support in data collection, management, and analysis
- 1-3 years of experience in report writing, and proposal writing
- 1-3 years’ experience with Databases and Data extractions processes and analysis.
- Fluency in Arabic, & English, French is a plus
Bachelor degree in Statistics, Public Administration, International Development Business Administration, Political Sciences, Law, Humanitarian Studies or other related fields.
CLDH acknowledges non-formal and self-education.
The DM&E Officer is based in CLDH office in Zalka.
For this position, CLDH adopts a hybrid work policy-represented in remote work with office attendance when needed.