- Cover Letter
- Reference contacts.
Trout aquaculture has been practiced in Lebanon since early 20th century (El-Zein, 1997). The first trout farm was established on 1965 in Hermel “farms of Oumairyeh”. The aquaculture sector was developed during these 20 years to reach now 367 farms mainly distributed in Bekaa area along Assi River with some smaller ones along the northern coast (Aquaculture census, 2020).
Currently, more than 90% of aquaculture production in Lebanon is Rainbow trout. The total production of Rainbow trout was 4143 tonnes in 2019 while 3672 tonnes of trout are produces in Baalbeck Hermel area (represent 88.8%). After 2019, due the national crisis and specially the economic crisis, the demand of trout fish is increasing because the price of meat and chicken is decreasing around 250% that why the consumer tend to buy this type of meat. While the aquaculture is the second economic activity after crop production in Hermel region, no public institution are provided services to govern, monitor and develop this sector.
Based on the above, the objective of this project is to provide the services that should be provided by the public institution to develop the sector of trout production and to implement the related good practices, biosecurity and hygiene standards along the whole value chain of the trout production.
Lebanese aquaculture sector is increased in term of production between 2011 and 2019. This positive trend is further noticed by the increase number of fish farms. The aquaculture sector suffers from several problems that hinder its development:
1- Absence of environmental monitoring system, rules and standards special for fish influence;
2- Absence of veterinary fish health monitoring;
3- Absence of extension services and vocational training;
4- Lack of good practices farming all along the value chain from hatchery practices till grow out, harvesting and processing.
In order to resolve these problems, a coordination will be held between USPEaK as a private organization (USPEaK) and the Lebanese University as a public institution to support the trout production in Hermel area. The specific objectives of the project will be training and building the capacity of farmers and laboring in a farm on good farming practices.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate field activities in accordance with project objectives and timelines.
- Manage and supervise field staff, ensuring they have the necessary resources and support to carry out their tasks effectively.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor progress, provide guidance.
- Collect and analyze relevant data and information from the field.
- Assess potential risks and develop risk mitigation strategies to ensure the safety and security of field staff and beneficiaries.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. agricultural engineer or environmental engineer, or a related discipline).
- Proven experience (4 years) in field coordination or similar roles, preferably within the relevant sector or domain.
- Strong project management skills, including planning, organization, and coordination abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and support field staff.
- Understanding of the local context and dynamics, including cultural sensitivities and community engagement principles.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.