Please include "Finance Officer" in the subject line of the email (emails with no subject line will be discarded) - Due to a large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Basmeh & Zeitooneh recognize that gender relations and inequalities are fundamental causes of poverty. Principles of equity and social justice require us to work to ensure that everyone has an equal opportunity for expressing and using their potential, irrespective of sex, age, race, color, class, caste, religion, ethnic background, sexual orientation, HIV status, or disability.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Basmeh & Zeitooneh is a registered Lebanese organization, committed to serving refugees and vulnerable communities in Lebanon, through four community centers across the country. The organization runs educational, relief, livelihoods, and protection programs, and aims to serve as an inclusive and supportive focal point for the entire community.
Basmeh & Zeitooneh has a zero-tolerance policy for sexual exploitation, abuse, and child abuse. Also, fraud, bribery, and corrupt activities.
Basmeh & Zeitooneh (B&Z) is committed to maintaining the security, confidentiality, and privacy of your personal information.
Basmeh & Zeitooneh is committed to safeguarding the well-being of children and upholding the Convention on the Rights of the Child, Basmeh & Zeitooneh maintains a zero-tolerance policy on child abuse.
- Documenting all finances received and spent in the form of cash and non-cash items
- Coordinate and process the payments.
- Filing the administrative documents as per our managerial procedures.
- Follow up on center expenses.
- Follow up on communication costs (Postpaid lines, recharge cards, etc..)
- Follow up on HR. related issues.
- Supporting the Finance Manager in daily accountancy tasks (Preparing payments, filling invoices, etc..)
- Reconcile staff advances cash, and expenses reports.
- Overseeing, managing, and authorizing all necessary payments of up to 300 $ maximum.
- Manages procurement and finances as related to donor requirements and Basmeh and Zeitooneh’s internal policies and procedures under the supervision of the Finance Manager.
- Verify timesheets and Support the HR department in Payroll preparation.
- Monitors all budget lines and ensures compliance with proposed budgets issued by donors/management.
- Assists finance manager in compiling and analyzing accurate financial information to prepare financial reports, including monthly and annual reports.
- Ensures financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures and donor regulations.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and accounts for donors, as requested.
- Provides any other financial information, as requested, and responds to any other financial queries from Senior Management.
- Assist in any audit undertaken within the organization.
- Assists in the continuous development and improvement of the finance system
- Assists with negotiating any changes to the property contracts, or improvements to the property, with the landlord.
- Assists the Finance Manager with all administrative filing and records, and archiving.
- communicate all financial policies and templates with colleagues
- Area Visit, communicate all variances, and report this variance to FM
- knowledge of Lebanese labor law, taxation
- Provide needed financial orientation to all staff in centers
- Provide financial and accounting training to Area accountants
- The finance officer is responsible for giving complete financial reports, and expenditures tracker to the center manager
- Experience in NSSF, Vat, and Tax on salaries declaration.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Accurate reporting
- meeting donor requirement
- Achieving deadline
- Analysis for Favorable and unfavorable variances, communicating this variance with FM and operation
- Coordinate to minimize, financial risks (external and internal levels)
- High coordination with procurement and operation
- Initiator and self-motivated
- Proper documentation
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar field
- BA in finance, Accounting
- Knowledge of business ethics and internal control
- Advanced computer skills with extensive experience in accounting software
- Advanced command of the English language, fluency in Arabic
- Experience in the preparation of financial reports, and monitoring of budgets
A) Functional :
- Logical skills
- Management skills
- Accounting and financial analytical skills
- An ability to multi-task with exceptional organizational skills
- Superior capability to plan, organize, and manage budgets
- Ability to manage and ensure compliance with inventory reports and data
B) Behavioral :
- Respectful attitude
- Ability to work within a team