WORK PERMITS & RESIDENCIES
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL PRESENTATION
For 40 years, the humanitarian aid organization Solidarites INTERNATIONAL has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
After emergency, our humanitarian teams accompany the most vulnerable families and communities until they recover their livelihoods and self-sufficiency, to enable them to deal with the challenges of an uncertain future with dignity.
Solidarites INTERNATIONAL is particularly committed to fighting water-related diseases, the primary cause of death in the world today. Drawing on their expertise, our teams develop and carry out aid programs in the fields of water, sanitation, and hygiene, as well as in the essential domains of food security and reconstruction.
Since SI is an international SI that has been operating in Lebanon since 2013, and since we are coming to a phase where we are in need for the legal support from an experienced legal service provider, SI is looking for a law firm that can demonstrate experience in legal advice to International SIs.
The main objectives of this contractualization are:
- Assessing visa and work permit requirements: The consultant will need to assess the visa and work permit requirements for non-Lebanese employees, including identifying the appropriate type of visa or work permit and ensuring that all necessary documents are provided.
- Preparing visa and work permit applications: The consultant will need to prepare visa and work permit applications on behalf of non-Lebanese employees, including gathering all necessary documents and submitting the application to the relevant government authorities.
- Liaising with government authorities: The consultant will need to liaise with the relevant government authorities to ensure that visa and work permit applications are processed in a timely manner and that any issues or concerns are addressed.
- Monitoring visa and work permit applications: The consultant will need to monitor the status of visa and work permit applications and provide regular updates to the NGO on progress.
- Providing advice on immigration issues: The consultant will need to provide advice on immigration issues related to non-Lebanese employees, including issues related to entry and exit requirements, duration of stay, and other related matters.
- Conducting compliance checks: The consultant may need to conduct compliance checks to ensure that the NGO is complying with all relevant immigration laws and regulations.
- Providing training and support: The consultant may need to provide training and support to the NGO on immigration-related matters, including providing guidance on how to manage visa and work permit applications and other immigration-related processes.
Overall, a consultant working on finalizing work permits and visas for non-Lebanese employees will play a critical role in ensuring that the NGO is able to hire and retain talented staff from around the world. By providing guidance and support throughout the visa and work permit application process, the consultant can help to ensure that non-Lebanese employees are able to work legally and effectively in Lebanon.
MORE DETAILS ON SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
In a more specific, but neither exclusive nor restrictive, manner:
1. Conducting a needs assessment:
- Identify the specific visa and work permit requirements for each non-Lebanese employee based on their nationality, job role, and expected length of stay in Lebanon.
- Review and analyze the current immigration laws, regulations, and policies in Lebanon to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Work with relevant stakeholders (e.g., human resources, legal, finance) to ensure that all required documentation and information is available for each employee.
2. Developing a visa and work permit application process:
- Develop and document a streamlined and efficient visa and work permit application process, which includes clear timelines and procedures for employees and the NGO to follow.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of each stakeholder involved in the visa and work permit application process.
- Develop templates and forms for employees to complete, ensuring that all required information and documentation is included.
3. Providing guidance on visa and work permit application requirements:
- Provide clear guidance to employees and the NGO on the specific visa and work permit application requirements, including required documentation, timelines, and fees.
- Develop a comprehensive checklist for each employee to ensure that all required documentation is provided.
- Explain the implications of non-compliance with visa and work permit requirements and any potential consequences.
4. Facilitating visa and work permit application submission:
- Provide support to employees in preparing and submitting visa and work permit applications to the relevant government authorities.
- Ensure that all forms and supporting documentation are completed correctly and submitted on time.
- Communicate with the relevant government authorities to ensure that all application requirements are met and to provide any additional information or documentation as needed.
5. Following up on visa and work permit application progress:
- Regularly follow up with the relevant government authorities to ensure that visa and work permit applications are being processed in a timely manner.
- Provide regular updates to employees and the NGO on the progress of each application.
- Identify any issues or concerns with the application process and work with relevant stakeholders to resolve them.
6. Managing visa and work permit renewals:
- Monitor the expiration dates of all employee visas and work permits.
- Provide guidance to employees and the NGO on the renewal process and requirements.
- Prepare and submit all necessary documentation and information to renew each visa and work permit on time.
7. Providing ongoing support and guidance:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes in immigration laws, regulations, and policies in Lebanon.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to employees and the NGO on visa and work permit-related matters.
- Regularly review and update the visa and work permit application process to ensure that it remains efficient and effective.
1 year, renewable.
How to apply
Thank you for submitting your proposal by May 26, 2023
Proposal to be sent to: Farah Nasrallah – HR Coordinator SI Lebanon [email protected]
Ibrahim Bodon – Logistics Coordinator SI Lebanon [email protected]منتهية الصلاحية