All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 27th of February 2023
Interested? Apply here!
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC has been responding to various humanitarian crises in Lebanon since 2004, working with Palestinian, Iraqi and Syrian refugees. DRC received registration from the Ministry of Interior in 2011, and since then has focused primarily on responding to the Syrian refugee crisis in Lebanon and the resulting impact on Lebanese host community. DRC Lebanon’s focus is to ensure that we are able to respond to critical emerging humanitarian needs whilst improve the living conditions of displacement-affected populations and contribute to the achievement of durable solutions. With an annual portfolio of $12million, and with approximately 200+ staff, DRC is focusing its response in protection and economic recovery (Ec-Rec) sector in Bekka, North Lebanon and Beirut. DRC is also contributing to the evidence base and coordination structures in country through our Evidence Generation and referral information management (RIMs) teams.
About the job
The Protection Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the implementation of DRC's protection programs in the North and Akkar and provides technical oversight of all protection components, including CP, GBV, and General Protection case management, psychosocial support (PSS), community-based protection, legal aid, and protection monitoring. The Protection Manager ensures the quality of program implementation, supports the development of direction programing through regular protection analysis, and contributes to strengthening of partners, including identification and capacity development of local authorities and civil society organizations. The position represents DRC in relevant humanitarian coordination fora, engaging with UN & INGO counterparts and proactively seeking to shape agendas in line with DRC and humanitarian priorities. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Project management and Implementation:
- Oversee the implementation of relevant Protection project components of DRC's programs in North Lebanon and Akkar area.
- Provide technical oversight of all protection components, including CP, GBV, General Protection case management, psychosocial support (PSS), community-based protection, and legal aid.
- Coordinate, plan and monitor the day-to-day implementation of protection related activities across relevant projects;
- Ensure the quality of protection interventions, and the coherence between all projects, ongoing and proposed, according to the overall strategy
- Take leadership of the project programs in terms of high quality and timely deliveries, narrative reporting and financial overviews, close cooperation with donors, Government counterparts, and coordination mechanism on site and in synergy with other DRC interventions in the area
- Participate in and coordinate partnership assessments for DRC's local partners.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements, including procurement
- Provide overall budget monitoring, financial management, and expenses control for the project activities, including compliance with DRC and donor requirements
- Ensure protection concerns are identified by the team through field monitoring visits and assessments, and ensure these are documented
- Coordinate closely with external stakeholders to ensure information is shared on a need-to-know basis to inform advocacy and response
- Support monitoring and evaluation (MEAL) of the program, ensuring indicator tracking for all program indicators and outputs are properly managed and updated.
- Representation of DRC and active participation in sectoral and relevant sub-sectors/working groups on the area level
- Closely coordinate with Information Management staff to ensure data is systematically updated.
Program development and strategy
- Conduct regular analysis of the protection environment in North Lebanon and propose programmatic adaptations.
- Drive the development and growth of the relevant programs at the field level within the DRC program objectives and feed into country-wide strategy development
- Ensure leadership and strategic vision of the protection program, responding to any gaps and continuously improving quality.
- Lead and manage protection project staff members including coaching, objective setting, probation, performance appraisal, development of staff, managing performance, including poor performance, etc.
Deliver training and capacity building of team members related to case management, case supervision, psycho-social support, humanitarian principles, protection mainstreaming, and other training as relevant
To be successful in this role we expect the following:
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience implementing protection programming in emergency and/or protracted displacement contexts.
- Significant technical experience in Protection (GBV, CP, and GP case management, psychosocial support, community-based protection, and legal aid);
- At least 3 years' experience in managing and leading a large team, including remote management;
- Master’s Degree in social work, development, social or political science, law, or similar.
- Fluent in Arabic and English
Experience in managing complex budgets across a portfolio of projects and being responsible for financial follow-up and expenditures;
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Contract length: until 31st of December 2023.
- Band: F
- Designation of Duty Station: Tripoli Office with frequent visits to the field in the North and Akkar
- Start date: 8 May 2023
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact [email protected]