Governance and Project Management Coordinator
Contract: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Modality: hybrid (face to face and online work)
Payment: between 2,600 $ and 2900 $ (depending on the years of experience)
Report to: Operations manager of the National Mental Health Programme (NMHP)
1) Developing and mainstreaming mental health policies at 1)Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Task Force, 2)inter-sectorial and 3)interministerial levels through
• The development of specific strategies, policies, plans and normative documents, linked to the overall strategic objectives of the programme (examples are the MH sub strategy for youth and adolescents, toolkit for the inpatient unit in general hospitals, suicide monitoring and surveillance framework, etc.)
• The coordination of the MHPSS Task Force monthly and bilateral meetings that includes local and international partners working in Lebanon on activities related to mental health, noting that a list of partners is updated monthly.
• The development of inter-sectorial collaborations including the formalization of inter-ministerial collaboration and other activities: MoU, contracts, letter of intent, reference letter. The programme has collaborated to date with different ministries such as the ministry of education, ministry of social affairs, ministry of justice, and other ministries depending on the project.
2) Governance and advocacy: advocating for mental health in different sectors and areas related to health, education, protection, and others.
• Including specific strategies implementation or revision of external strategies when needed, concept notes, proposals development and revision, etc. to ensure alignment of all the programme’s activities with the (2015-2020) mental health and substance use strategy currently under revision, and the (2016-2021) inter-ministerial substance use strategy along with sub-strategies,
• Partnership management with external existing and new stakeholders on collaborations. Based on the strategic objectives of the programme, assess the relevancy of incoming projects or proposals of projects (research and non-research).
3) Projects management - non research projects
• Input at all levels of the on-going projects - Planning, initiation, execution, monitoring and closing
• Management of the 2 project managers and 1public health officer and their activities
4) Development and training of policies and procedures of the unit
5) Coordination with advisors, and other units as needed
6) Representation of the governance and projects management unit as part of the operational and strategic planning meetings
Minimum qualifications and professional experience:
- Master in Public Health with a specialization related to Policy or other graduate degree related to Health Policy;
- Project management degree is a plus
- More than 7 years of relevant job experience;
- Excellent management skills (including planning, problem-solving, time management);
- Excellent communication, public speaking, facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Computer proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Arabic and English; French is a plus