Part-Time Accountant, Grants
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to [email protected], specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, October 13, 2020.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Finance Department / University Comptroller’s Office is currently looking for an Accountant, Grants reporting to the Director of Finance-Grants & Contracts. This position is based on Beirut Campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus and is for a limited duration.
The Accountant, Grants is responsible for the processing of accurately and timely grants’ transactions as well as all journal vouchers within the accounting system.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs transactions related to the grants accounts as well as journal vouchers
- Prepares spreadsheets for analyzing actual grants expenditures and the related budgets
- Implements the relevant parts of the grants and sponsored proposals by conforming to the University’s proper cost allocations
- Adheres to donors’ financial reporting requirements
- Assists in the preparation of the monthly grants reports
- Assists in the preparation of reports on the internally funded financial activities of the University’s Centers & Academic Institutes
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned or appropriate
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant specialization in Finance, Accounting, or Auditing
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- Advanced communication skills in English and Arabic
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards
- Ability to use ERP systems
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite and Oracle E-business Suite
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.