Part-Time TL Monitoring & Evaluation Expert
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to [email protected], specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Sunday, August 16, 2020.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Office of International Services is currently looking for a TL Monitoring & Evaluation Expert reporting to the Director of International Services / TL Executive Director. This position is based on Beirut campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus and is for a limited duration.
The TL Monitoring & Evaluation Expert will be in charge of planning and implementing the monitoring and evaluation tools of all LAU TL (Tomorrow’s Leaders Program) awards in compliance with award requirements and deliverables, in an effort to seek the continuous improvement of the monitoring and evaluation quality of TL awards.
Additionally, he/she will work closely and coordinate with the Department of Institutional Research and Assessment and the different TL Awards Directors to put in place a consistent monitoring and evaluation process that complies with the quarterly progress report deliverables of each award. He/she will also coordinate with MEPI to follow up on needed award revisions.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework based on the scope of work
- Designs and develops mid-year and end of year award reviews
- Develops assessment tools and follows up with TL team to monitor implementation and progress
- Analyzes data specific requirements of indicators
- Conducts data quality assessments as needed
- Designs, leads, and manages surveys and data collection
- Implements effective and cost efficient monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Participates in program design and proposal development
- Coordinates and trains TL staff on monitoring and evaluation expectations and implementation
- Organizes internal and external project evaluations
- Provides periodical updates to TL management on key performance indicators to track overall programmatic performance
- Coordinates field-based monitoring approaches to track off-campus activities, internships, and extra-curricular activities
- Responds to specific data calls related to indicators and progress
- Manages award quarterly reporting on SAMS and ACPRS for all TL awards
- Performs any relevant additional task assigned by the Director of International Services / TL Executive Director
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in grant-related work, among which at least 2 years of experience of working directly in monitoring and evaluation
- Thorough familiarity with principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation using both quantitative and qualitative methods; skilled in collecting, manipulating, synthesizing, and analyzing data
- Understanding of donor expectations and monitoring and evaluation trends
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English and Arabic
- Strong analytic and computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite, along with use of online survey platforms
- Resourcefulness, resilience, and openness to diverse views
- Excellent organization and planning skills; detail-oriented
- جبل لبنان
- Jbeil (Byblos)
- Blat (Jbayl)