Online self-care training consultant
JOB TITLE: Online self-care training consultant
ABAAD aims at achieving gender equality as an essential condition to sustainable social and economic development in the MENA region. ABAAD has a proven record in working in addressing GBV in emergency settings. Through women, boys’ and girls’ empowerment and improving the quality of multi-sectorial assistance for women and girls survivors or at risk of GBV among the host and Syrian refugee population.
Response and Outreach to Empower Gender Based Violence (GBV) Trauma Survivors, in Syria 2019 is a project being implemented in Syria. In the aim of providing quality GBV response, capacity building and prevention services to affected population residing in Syria. The capacity building component of this project includes multiple training themes in multiple GBV related response activities. The training will be implemented using an online modality in line with current COVID-19 health restrictions.
During armed conflicts, communities undergo sever stressors and adversities which can lead to different forms of human suffering on the individual, family and social levels. Hence the need for psychosocial support arises. In 2020 and due to the lockdown measures forced by government authorities, here is a rising need for GBV relevant support to deal with trauma, domestic violence survivors and other populations affected by the lockdown. This will place increased pressures on the working teams especially given the health limitations and the challenging online-support modalities as an alternative to the usual modality. The self-care training consultant will be responsible for developing context-based training materials and modules, utilizing generic and context specific tools and resources. The training will cater to building capacities of case workers and managers, frontliners, and other MHPSS care providers from multiple organizations in multiple governorates in Syria on topics, theories, practices and activities related to self-care during the current health crisis.
post holder coordinates closely with the Program coordinator for planning, implementation, and with ABAAD MHPSS & GBV Advisors for technical inquiries.
Designing and implementing of an online workshop on self-care and related materials. The training to be interactive and group-work-based. The training workshop is to be repeated over ten training cycles. Each cycle is to consist of six online capacity building sessions. The workshop is to be delivered to ten different groups of case workers / managers, PSS animators or frontline staff care providers with up to 10 trainees per group, on the issue of self-care and relevant techniques and tools.
- Design and contextualize online capacity building and training modules and materials, including needed theoretical information on the issue of Self-care and psychosocial support
- Prepare training files, including pre and post-tests to measure training impact, training evaluation and any relevant brochures and information materials in a portfolio to each trainee.
- Develop training agenda.
- Implement training to ten different groups of ten individuals, each cycle is made out of at least 3 days.
- Prepare training report, include comparison between pre and post-tests, participants’ evaluations of the training and any relevant recommendations.
- Other relevant tasks.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Extensive Experience in Self-care.
- Master’s degree in clinical psychology or relevant field;
- Proven competency and skills in use of online communication tools, solutions and training platforms.
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of the GBV framework and related cultural and contextual dynamics;
- Experience in providing group and individual training, mentoring and other support to service providers working with national and/or international NGOs in the region;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
How to apply
Interested candidates for this position should send their CV along with a cover letter, to [email protected] copying [email protected] and [email protected] , and include the job title above in the email subject and cover letter by 25 July, 2020. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position!منتهية الصلاحية