Center Coordinator - ECE
For applying, kindly send your Cv to [email protected] , please mention in the Subject : Center Coordinator - ECE.
Hand to Equip, Learn and Protect
A humanitarian organization seeks to promote the local community for the better by targeting all segments of society, developing their capacities and creating a supportive awareness environment for the rights and protection of the child.
The Association shall operate independently of any party or political orientation that affects all individuals regardless of their religion, color, sex or nationality.
The Association was established in 2016 and received a statement of science and news No. 2033 in 2017.
Location: Halba - Akkar
Back to the Future II: A protective and nurturing environment to increase access to School, inclusion and retention for Children impacted by the Syrian Crisis in Lebanon and vulnerable Lebanese.
General objective of the job
The Center Coordinator ensures that all activities are implemented in centers in compliance with War Child & H.E.L.P policies and work plan
Position in the organisation
The Center Coordinator is part of H.E.L.P team. They report to the Head of H.E.L.P and War Child Project Manager in order to ensure smooth and quality implementation
S/he does not manage staff.
1. Monitoring activities in the centers
- Contributes to the identification of working zones
- Ensures the implementation of the program
- Supports the educational, CP and PSS staff in carrying out regular activities
- Keeps the archive of children’s’ forms containing all the information regarding children’s’ placement and follow up tests and other information related to the project activities.
- Makes sure attendance is entered in the database on regular basis.
- Ensures the respect of Child Protection Policy in the centers.
- Organizes regular meeting with animators, teachers, outreach workers in order to ensure the correct implementation of the program according to the working plan
- Assesses and monitors CBOs performance on how the CP needs are addressed and inclusion of the children
- Collects and shares data for internal reporting and relevant working groups on activities, ongoing trends, highlights and challenges.
- Takes initiative to respond quickly to unexpected challenges and inform the War Child focal point for the center & the head of H.E.LP .
Result: all field activities are monitored in such way that they comply with the Child Protection Policy and challenges are dealt with.
2. Coordination, Logistics and Administration
- Coordinates the transportation services
- Coordinates the provision of daily snacks
- Manages, coordinates, and ensures the logistics of all day to day activities in project sites
- Liaise and coordinate with social worker, ITS staff , Project Manager, Education Coordinator and Project Manager and works closely and effectively with the War Child Team
- Follows up with centres staff, supervisors, trainers, facilitators.
- Formulates monthly reports on drop-outs, referrals, Child Protection/Child Safety incidents and concerns, and awareness sessions.
- Enter attendance for all activities taking place in the center.
Result: Coordination and administration of activities are handled in such a way that follow up is done and reports are delivered on time.
Knowledge and Experience
At least 2 years of relevant experience
Preferably previous experience working with children/refuges/vulnerable populations
Previous experience in Education, PSS or Child Protection projects
Skills and Competencies
- Good Social and Communication skills
- Ability to adapt and be capable to deal with difficult security conditions
- Fluent in Arabic and good writing skills in English
- Capacity to work in small teams and flexibility to take on new tasks.
- Cultural sensitivity