Lebanese International for Training and Development - About
Lebanese International for Training and Development
Lebanese International for Training and Development - LITD is a non-political NGO based in Saida-Lebanon, seeking to promote and to create a culture of peace on every level in the Lebanese society to confront and resolve its humanitarian challenges by promoting volunteerism spirit amongst community components. LITD was established in 2005 and registered in 2008 under the Ministry of Youth and Sport.
LITD Mission: promoting volunteerism spirit amongst community components to empower them and play a positive role in their society through building and enhance capacities, knowledge and skills.
- Building networks and providing consultancy and training programs for NGOs, and communities to improve skills and motivate them to develop their own ideas and projects.
- Conducting and raising awareness, workshops and campaigns about voluntarism, leadership, environment and human rights,
- Facilitate experience and cultural exchange between national and international NGOs and serves them in the field of cooperation and sustainable development.
- Mobilize resources, build partnerships and develop the local capacity to cover all Lebanon.
- Support the marginalized and vulnerable people to voice their needs, address the root causes of problems and assist in finding solutions.
- Promote integrated development and environmental custodianship with a focus on sustainable livelihoods.
- Enable communities to mitigate the problems' effect and disasters, prepare for their occurrence and respond by providing relief, protection and recovery interventions.