Medical Center Supervisor
Responsibilities & duties
- Manage and coordinate day-to-day operations across all divisions
- Oversee special projects from planning to completion
- Maximize operational efficiencies to provide the highest quality of safe and appropriate patient care
- Receive and act on reports from the quality assurance committee
- Supervise responsibility for all, Nurse Practitioners, Radiology Technicians, and Lab Technicians, and all other non-medical staff including yearly written evaluations
- Prepare budgets in collaboration with the CEO
- Supervises the documentation of clinical procedures
- Ensure that the facility’s services and environment yield high quality, efficiency, patient satisfaction and employee morale
- Strategic Monitoring and Evaluation
- Attend and participate in Quality Improvement meetings, to be monitored by the Chief Executive Officer and jointly reported to the Board
- Advise the CEO, BOD and Medical Committee about the adequacy and appropriateness of the center’s scope of services, its professional and support staff and its equipment
- Responsible for achieving the highest, customer satisfaction, staff productivity, cost reduction and process improvements
- Medical Coordination and Patient Care
- Coordinate medical staff assignments with the medical committee / medical staff leader based on the needs of the center
- coordinate the medical care for patients at the facility with the corresponding physicians
- Communicate medical staff responsibilities, policies, procedures and guidelines to all licensed practitioners providing care at the nursing home
- Implementing and enforcing policies and procedures that cover essential staff responsibilities to the patients and the facility
- Oversee patient handling and intervene to resolve organizational issues when needed
- Help organize patient workshop and counseling sessions
- Ensure the Patient best satisfaction for the provided healthcare services
- Audit to ensure that licensed practitioners (e.g. nurse practitioners, radiographers, laboratory technicians, etc.) perform physician-delegated tasks within the regulatory requirements and within their scope of practices as defined by state law
- Provide feedback to the medical practitioners regarding their practices as necessary;
- Effectively manage the non-medical human resources of the center according to personnel policies and procedures
- Invest in training and developing people – including workforce planning and succession planning
- Provide sufficient and pertinent in-service education for employees
- Oversee strong workforce development through recruitment and retention, employee satisfaction and engagement, maximizing growth potential of employees and strong succession planning, embracing diversity as a strategic advantage
- Assist in educating and informing nursing and other staff about their roles, responsibilities, and applicable rules and regulations, regarding the provision of cost-effective care, financial factors affecting clinical practices, and the provision and quality of care
- Supervise staff including appropriate delegation of task, motivation, creating a positive attitude, open communications, and flexible scheduling to accommodate educational endeavors and reward systems
- Evaluate employee performance and make recommendations for personnel actions such as merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary action.
- Suspend and/or terminate non-conforming personnel in line with policies and contracts and in response to appropriate circumstances
- Resolve staff grievances
- Screen and interview for new employees in accordance with center policies
- Attend and actively participate in board and committee meetings, as well as all relevant meetings with community groups, governmental agencies, and other provider groups
- Stand side-by-side with the CEO when highly visible “critical incidents” occur. Under these circumstances, the COO lends professional expertise, credibility, and authority
- Ensure compliance with regulations governing healthcare centers and the rules of accrediting bodies
- Via the Medical Committee
- Assist in developing patient care policies and help ensure that these policies are carried out. These include but are not limited to:
- Ensure proper appointment system, adequate follow up procedures on cases, coordinate referral to other centers and hospitals whenever required, ensure proper paramedical support to physicians, etc.
- The integrated delivery of care and services, such as medical, nursing, pharmacy, social, rehabilitation, dietary and special care needs of patients. The services provided include infection control, transfer to other settings
- Ancillary services, such as radiology, laboratory, activities,
- The availability, of the staff necessary to meet the patient’s needs
- Patient rights.
- Mechanisms for communicating unresolved issues related to medical care;
- Physician services, including but not limited to:
- Progress notes
- Frequency and timeliness of required visits
- Signing and dating of all orders
- Review of and response to consultant recommendations and laboratory results
Required: BA in Healthcare fields and 5 to 10 years experience in a supervisory function in a healthcare facility, or similar degree and experience in Nursing, or other related healthcare fields.
Preferred: Managerial position in Outpatient Clinics in a hospital setup, appropriate management and leadership experience is essential, and advanced training in business or healthcare management is desirable.
Professional Experience & Certifications
- Required Experience
- A minimum of five years experience of responsible leadership in the field(s) of health, public health, human services or related nonprofit organizational environment
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-functional tasks and to deliver against measurable goals.
- Ability to analyze situations, identify key information and issues, and advance objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a diplomatic nature and cultural sensitivity.
- Goal-oriented, self-directed, and entrepreneurial.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain written Standard Operating Procedures across multiple functions and tasks.
- Extensive experience with change management processes.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate within all levels of the business including Information Technology, and Finance is required
Spoken and written languages: fluent in Arabic and English. French is a plus.
Job knowledge and skills
- Excellent communication, listening, and negotiation skills
- Act proactively, anticipate problems and initiate new and improved ways of doing things
- Proven leadership skills
- Highly organized, and driven individual
- Collaborative partner who values teamwork and integration
- Openness, accessibility and visibility; approachable to staff
- Proactively seeks to build and maintain relationships
- Motivational and inspirational with a commitment to excellence
- Strategic thinker
- Sense of humor, strong confident style and enthusiastic disposition
- Demonstrates integrity and honesty
- Decisive yet supportive of distributed decision making; not afraid to make tough decisions
- Maintains confidentiality
- Ability to understand the physicians’ and caregivers’ perspectives
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.