Junior Finance Officer
Interested applicants should submit their CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the following subject line: " Junior Finance Officer at The Nawaya Network". Any applications that fail to follow these exact guidelines will be DISQUALIFIED.
The Nawaya Network is an NGO based in Beirut, Lebanon that develops the income-generating opportunities of youth through entrepreneurship, employability, and economic development programs.
We are seeking a Junior Finance Officer to fulfill the below tasks and responsibilities:
- Assists the Finance Officer on verifying all of the supporting documents to each submitted Payment Requests from Each Program i.e. Refer to the Payment Request Checklist for Effective Financial Documentation developed by the FO.
- Uploads all financial transactions to the Xero Accounting System with the Final Review conducted by the Finance Manager.
- Attends actively a training on the Accounting System used at Nawaya by the Finance Manager.
- Understands various donors' financial /reporting requirements and verifies its effective implementation daily with the Finance Manager final approval and oversight on a bi-weekly basis.
- Assists the Finance Officer in the Preparation of various financial reports requested by our donors in a timely manner with the direct review, correction and oversight done by the Finance Manager.
- Attends the Weekly Budget reconciliation meetings ( i.e. refer to the Budget Monitoring and Tracking Sheet of each Program) and take notes of the required corrective actions needed to be taken by the Finance Unit and the concerned program staff i.e. manager/coordinator/senior officers.
- Conducts filing & archiving of banking documents and any program document as requested by the Finance Manager for each program.
- Implemet and abides by the internal manual of the finance unit consisting of the policies, procedures, processess and corresponding templates/forms.
- Ensures the Finance hard and soft copy are effectively conducted, and HR filing when requested , before the arrival of the internal and external auditors to ensure the finance department is operating in compliance with Lebanese regulations in the presence of the FO and FM.
- Manages logistics tasks related to day-to-day financial and HR administrative operations with the close communication held with the Finance Manager and Top Management as deemed necessary.
Finance or Economics
Preferably 1 working experience in the field of Finance/ Accounting.
- Financial & Accounting Knowledge
- Auditing and Budgeting
- Business ability
- HR payroll
- Ability to deal eloquently and effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Result oriented - Achieving KPI as agreed upon with Management, Donor Engagement experience is a plus.
- Language: English, Arabic
- Documentation / Archiving Skills
- Accounting Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Organizational Management Skills
- Computer Skills ( Excel Skills in Mandatory) and Software Skills ( Xero or any related Software)
- Communication Skills