UNV Programme Officer (Youth)
ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED ONLINE THROUGH THE BELOW LINK WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Host Entity: UNICEF
UNICEF’s Area Programme for Palestinian children (APD) aims to further the realization of children’s rights, improve access to basic services, strengthen the protective environment and promote social inclusion of Palestinian children and women in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and State of Palestine. The Palestinian Programme in Lebanon (PPL) contributes to improving the lives of Palestine refugees by providing programmatic interventions in partnership with UNRWA and a consortium of NGOs, in areas not covered (or covered only marginally) by UNRWA. The UNV Programme Officer (Youth) will support the Palestinian Programme in Lebanon (PPL) to implement, monitor, and report on the planned activities and results in the Area Programme Document (APD) and the Rolling Work Plan (RWP) for the programme aligned with country/area programme and goals and provide technical support to the programme ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Youth and Adolescents (YAD) Programme Officer, the UNV Programme Officer (Youth) will: Monitoring and Evaluation:
• Undertake field visits to monitor and assess Programme implementation, local conditions, resources and identify areas of interventions for programme improvement at PPL’s MAKANI centers and partner NGOs implementing centers.
• Track progress of PPL’s YAD programme activities against timelines and budgets at PPL MAKANI centers and partner NGOs implementing centers.
• Collect and analyze data on YAD programme outputs and outcomes. Implementation, monitoring and reviewing of YAD programmes
• Coordinate with partners to ensure the proper implementation of YAD programme
• Work collaboratively with the Chief of section and Palestinian Programme colleagues to facilitate/contribute to the regular partners’ meetings and to the preparation of the Mid-Year and Annual reviews meetings with partners and government counterparts
• Assure child Rights-Based, gender, disability, and Results-Based approach in YAD programming through consistent and effective design, Knowledge Management • Provide professional assistance in data collection and analysis of Palestinian Programme.
• Contribute to the preparation of the progress, annual and donors’ reports. Climate Change
• Ensure that the PPL’s activities in the country programming are climate resilient and responsive to the impacts of climate change
• Partake in guiding the climate change strategy for LCO moving forward.
United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics. As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
Note on Covid-19 vaccination requirements
Selected candidates for certain occupational groups may be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) in line with the applicable host entity policy
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.