Protection Technical Specialist
To apply, qualified applicants should fill and send the information to the link below :
No phone calls please. CVs not submitted throughout the above link will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please don’t wait for the last date to apply, as IOCC might start interviews before the deadline. Preferable that candidate resides in the areas of concern. IOCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a professional and diverse workforce.
IOCC has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries and staff. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during working hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff, in addition to related mandatory training. All staff must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.
IOCC is looking for a Protection Technical Specialist who will be responsible for developing a protection strategy in Syria and ensuring that IOCC programs are applying protection best practices.
Technical Support, Management and Leadership
- Lead the development of the organization’s Protection Strategy in Syria and ensure compliance with the organization and inter-agency sector working groups and adherence to international standards and best practices in Protection.
- Ensure all the organization programs in Syria are applying protection best practices and are in line with global priorities and industry standards for humanitarian contexts.
- Provide technical guidance on protection mainstreaming and risk reduction, liaising directly with other program units and external actors to ensure that the organization’s programs follow internationally recognized best practices as WHO and SPHERE standards, Child Protection Minimum Standards and the Inter-Agency Standing Committee guidelines.
- Provide technical advice to the organization and partner staff on protection issues in Syria
- Update existing training materials and develop new materials on protection principles, protection monitoring, reporting and referrals for field-based staff, including strengthening information and reporting systems.
- Ensure regular staff trainings and refresher sessions to maintain a high standard of protection mainstreaming among staff.
- Ensure that protection information is used effectively to advocate on important issues as well as longer term planning for target populations.
- Design protection projects in Syria, develop proposals and concept notes and liaise with donors on technical aspects in consultation with the organization and partner staff.
- Oversee the organization protection project implementation in Syria, ensure quality implementation and compliance with international Protection standards and sector working group guidelines, and provide effective guidance to the team on-the-ground remotely or in person as possible.
- Maintain effective and safe referral pathways for protection concerns and other vulnerable cases.
- Provide overall guidance and direction to the program team to achieve agreed targets and strategic objectives, as well as build the capacity of the organization’s partner staff in protection program implementation.
- Contribute to monitoring; evaluating and documenting program implementation against indicators.
- Advise Program Manager regarding activity progress and make recommendations for course correction, as needed.
- Conduct regular visits to project sites to develop plans, new proposals, monitor progress and ensure project implementation according to the contractual requirements of the donor(s)
- Submit regular reports to the Country Representative regarding progress in attaining project goals, objectives and indicators and find solutions to potential challenges in project implementation.
- Write and participate in the preparation of protection-related project reports to HQ and donors.
- Represent the organization in technical meetings and coordination platforms, including UN clusters and sector working groups, and align the organization sector strategy accordingly.
- Identify protection funding opportunities with local and international donors.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with donors, NGOs, public and private sector partners involved with protection.
- Build the organization protection program through stakeholders’ engagement, project design and proposal development, in collaboration with field staff and HQ and in accordance with the organization strategy and donor requirements.
- Undertake and assist with assessment of local conditions resulting from emergency situations affecting communities and vulnerable groups, including determination of priorities for interventions.
Qualifications and Requirements
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- A university degree or equivalent in Psychology or psychiatry with relevant experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience implementing protection programs in conflict settings, preferably at managerial level in country of assignment.
- Prior work experience with International NGO or another international agency.
- Ability to perform well as member of a team.
- Experience in managing, training, and coaching staff on protection issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and program planning skills.
- English is required, with strong writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
Based in Beirut, with travel to Syria as per work requirements.
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.
- جبل لبنان