WASH Field Officer
Eligible candidates are invited to apply the earliest possible as we are screening applications on a rolling basis.
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration.
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women, and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
In Lebanon, the Syrian crisis continues to generate political, social, and economic pressure due to the war in Lebanon and keeps more than 1.5 million refugees in a situation of increasing vulnerability. In this environment of political, economic and social uncertainty, our teams have maintained their high levels of humanitarian response and aid to Lebanon. Likewise, our interventions have been maintained in the Bekaa and northern areas, as well as in the south of the country, with a special focus on working in partnership or in consortium with other organizations and on institutional strengthening of the relationship with both donors. institutional, such as with local authorities and entities.
The WaSH Field Officer will be responsible of:
She/he will ensure that activities and reporting are completed within the allocated time frame, and to the quality standards and implementation mechanism stipulated in the project proposal, logical framework and in accordance with the project work plan.
Objective 1: Supervision and follow up on community level WASH infrastructure projects. (70 %)
- Coordinate the implementation of the project’s infrastructure related activities.
- Provide overall follow up and supervision of the engineering works related to the project.
- Ensure executing the works according to the latest approved revision of shop drawings and submittals.
- Follow up on Bills of Quantities (BOQs), tender documents, as built quantities
- Actively coordinate with project stakeholders (Contractor, Consultant, and Water authorities)
- To maintain up-to-date records of all field level activities to show status of work, quality of construction materials, and construction sites.
- Follow up on assessing the situation and rehabilitation activities of the disinfection utilities in Bekaa such as (Chlorination units)
- Support in all activities related to capacity building of the water authorities in Bekaa.
Objective 2: Data collection, Reporting, and Archiving. (30 %)
- Data Collection and recording regarding the project indicators and the potential beneficiaries
- Report possible problem or conflict during the activities.
- Regular reporting to the Head of Project
- Support in preparing activity progress report or any other internal/external report.
- Archiving all project related document and ensuring all team members have access to necessary documentation.
Objective 3: Security.
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan, see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
- Communicate to the security managers of the working location any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan
Objective 4: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger.
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
Objective 5: Gender & Safeguarding
- Promote safe and equitable environments, through knowledge and application of the protocol against harassment and gender policy.
- Knowledge and compliance with safeguarding policy.
- Engineering degree, Technical Diploma engineering or related field.
- Knowledge in plumbing, water supply and sanitation supply systems. Technical training in implementation of basic water networks, sanitation and water quality testing.
- Experience in community mobilization and participation, experience in a similar position, local language speaker, experience in managing data base, Experience in the humanitarian sector in a similar position Knowledge of the basic internal regulation of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team Ability to manage stress effectively Ability to manage time and priorities well Clear communicator with excellent inter-personal skills Ability to work with a degree of autonomy on set tasks
- Fluent Arabic, Fluency in written and spoken English. Windows domain, Compulsory expertise in Excel, use of ODK, KOBO, Survey123, AutoCAD
Action Against Hunger – Lebanon seeks to promote gender equality and is committed to empowering women to participate effectively in their communities, we strongly encourage women to apply.
We Strongly encourage people with disabilities to apply.
ACF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation, sexual harassment, and abuse (SEA)
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.