The Lebanese Center for Human Rights (CLDH) is a local non-profit, non-partisan Lebanese human rights organization based in Beirut. CLDH was created in 2006 by the Franco-Lebanese Movement SOLIDA (Support for Lebanese Detained Arbitrarily), which had been active since 1996 in the struggle against arbitrary detention, enforced disappearance, torture, and the impunity of those perpetrating gross human rights violations.
CLDH’s complementary components include advocacy, public mobilization, rehabilitation for victims of torture and families of enforced disappearances, and the provision of pro-bono legal services for vulnerable groups.
CLDH currently has 4 offices: Zalka (Head-Quarter), Dora, Tripoli and Baalbeck.
The Video Producer directly reports to the Communications and Advocacy Officer.
The Consultancy Agreement is intended for the production of videos within the deliverables of different projects CLDH is working on. Further collaborations may be considered based on the availability of funds and a performance evaluation.
The Video Producer is supposed to work in cooperation with the CLDH’s Communications Department, researchers, Programs team and the other relevant team members.
Deliverables, Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce and edit a variety of video content for CLDH, including but not limited to reels, animated videos, interviews, and storytelling videos.
- Ensure that all video content aligns with CLDH's mission and messaging.
- Attend field visits and CLDH's offices as required to shoot footage for upcoming videos.
- Coordinate with relevant team members to plan and execute field shoots effectively.
- Attend relevant meetings with team members working on projects, particularly from the Programs Department, Communications Department, and Legal team.
- Collaborate closely with other departments to understand project requirements and objectives.
Storyboarding and Scripting:
- Work with the Communications Department and Program Department to develop storyboards and scripts for video projects.
- Ensure that video content effectively communicates key messages and aligns with CLDH's goals.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical proficiency in video production, editing, and post-production processes.
- Stay updated on industry trends and incorporate innovative techniques into video production.
- The consultant is expected to bring their own required equipment.
- Make recommendations for equipment upgrades to CLDH as needed.
- Ensure the highest standards of video and audio quality in all produced content.
- Conduct quality checks at various stages of the production process.
The Video Producer will be responsible for delivering the following:
- A diverse portfolio of high-quality videos, including reels, animated videos, interviews, and storytelling videos.
- Field footage and interviews captured during on-site visits to CLDH's offices.
- Storyboards and scripts for video projects in collaboration with relevant departments.
● Minimum of bachelor's degree in filmmaking Audiovisual, or similar field;
● Proficiency in video recording, specifically in capturing confidential interviews and sensitive information;
● Expertise in maintaining the confidentiality of recorded content;
● Competence in video editing and the assembly of the final video product;
● Experience in realization of animated video;
● Advanced time management skills;
● Fluent in Arabic and English, both spoken and written.
The Video Producer can alternate between remote work and in-office presence (in Dora or Zalka office) upon the need and the supervisor’s approval. The Video Producer may be requested to join awareness sessions in Bekaa or the North governates or other areas for recording purposes, as well as other interviews with team members or beneficiaries.
How to apply
Interested individuals should submit their CV & Cover Letter by November 7, 2023 to
[email protected] indicating in the subject line “Video Producer”
E-mails with no subject lines will be disregarded.
The interview process will be ongoing and might end upon receiving a qualified candidate for the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants who have a personal relationship/association with a CLDH staff member are required to declare it in their email application.منتهية الصلاحية