Justice without Frontiers (JWF) is a nongovernmental, juristic organization, incorporated in November 2005 and headquartered in Beirut. Our role is to develop and promote Law Projects that support Human Rights and to achieve a just society where all its citizens have equal rights to access Justice. Justice without Frontiers gathers volunteer lawyers, law professionals, and passionate individuals who believe in Human Rights principles and are dedicated to work towards prosecuting violators and supporting victims who have no access to justice, at the national, regional, and international levels.
Justice without Frontiers (JWF) aims to achieve its objectives through prosecuting human right violators in national, regional, and international courts, providing legal assistance and legal representation to victims of violence, torture, and abuse and representing them in such courts.
The Project Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate and oversee the logistical aspects required for project activities.
- Ensure proper documentation and record-keeping of all project-related expenditures.
- Monitor project progress, conduct regular evaluations, and prepare comprehensive reports for stakeholders and donors.
- Ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, and project-specific regulations.
- Create a budget phasing document for the efficient and effective implementation of the project within the set budget parameters
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities;
- Review the project schedule with the director and all other concerned staff involved in the project activities, and revise the schedules as required;
- Plan, implement, and evaluate projects in accordance with project objectives, timelines, and budgets.
- Knowledge in writing efficient reports and data analysist
- Submit requested reports from director and stakeholders on time
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion;
- Develop, in close coordination with the MEAL officer, a MEAL framework, in addition to all other MEAL tools required for the effective implementation of the project including measurable indicators;
- Build networking with different stakeholders, donors, INGO’s …
- Prepare regular management and operational reports covering the achievement of key milestones agreed in plans and submit reports on time.
- Attend the workshops and trainings when asked for;
Implement the project
- Execute the project according to the project plan with direct coordination with the project team;
- Develop forms and records to document project activities as per the donor’s requirement and JWF’s internal procedures;
- Set-up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured;
- Monitor the progress of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including project staff in the organization on the progress of the project;
- Ensure the project implementation is in compliance with donors’ procedures and regulations (procurement, financial, etc…);
- Develop budget spending plan and ensure cost-efficiency
- Work closely with the financial officer to prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for donors as outlined in funding agreements;
Monitoring, evaluation and draw learning of the project
- Monitor the progress of the project against set indicators in a timely manner;
- Contribute to the periodic monitoring of the project as well as learning reviews and ensure proper documentation;
- Monitor any potential risks, through developing risk-management plan to avoid any delay or challenges that might affect the effectiveness of the project implementation;
- Capture learning and document the work of successful stories.
- Write reports on the project for management and for donors;
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of three years of experiences (NGO is a must)
- University degree in social science or related discipline, including gender and development.
- Fluency in written/spoken Arabic and English
- Gender development, protection background and/or human rights background.
- Familiar with the M&E principals, manage data entry and data analysis following the M&E standards applied by JWF. In addition to writing learning reports, such as success stories, good practices…
- Understanding/experience of program implementation principles and their practical application
- Ability to form trusting, effective working relationships across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Highly flexible in style with the ability to produce creative and pragmatic solutions to complex/ambiguous operational problems.
- Prepared to undertake regular monitoring travels to the field.
- Ability to coordinate with JWF’s partners in the implementation of several activities.
- Ability to manage some logistical matters related to events, campaigns, activities…
- Ability to hold meetings with JWF’s volunteers and manage the volunteers program and engage them with JWF’s activities.
- Ability to fulfill any other required duties
- Ability to work with a team
- Hard working
- جبل لبنان