UNWFP - Beirut CO - Programme Assistant (Community feedback and response mechanism) SC 5
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Step 1: To apply to this position, click on the link existing at the end of this page.
- Step 2: You will be directed to WFP Official Website to view the vacancy details. Click on Apply to be directed to the application process
- Step 3: if you do not have an account, you will have to create your profile and submit your CV in the platform
- Step 4: Once your profile is completed, Click on “Apply” to submit your application
NOTE: You must complete Step 3 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy
- Click the following link to apply for this position:
WFP Lebanon encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. WFP does not charge a fee or request bank details at any stage of recruitment process. We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity, and disability.
يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالميّ عن موظفيين لديهم درجة عالية من النزاهة والمهنيّة. يتمّ اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسيّ. لا يتقاضى برنامج الأغذية العالمي أيّ رسوم ولا يطلب أي معلومات مصرفيّة خلال أيّ مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف. نحن ملتزوم بالتنوّع والإشراك ضمن القوى العاملة ونشجّع جميع المرشّحين المؤهّلين على تقديم الطلبات بغضّ النظر عن دينهم، معتقداتهم، خلفيتهم العرقيّة أو الاجتماعيّة، جنسهم، هويّتهم الجنسيّة أو إعاقتهم.
WFP Lebanon offers flexible working hours schedule upon prior approval.
Our premises are accessible, and we are committed to accommodating any required reasonable accessible needs to remove barriers in the workplace.
As an inclusive employer, WFP is committed to providing a supportive recruitment process for individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at [email protected] (and copying in [email protected]) to advise us the type of support and reasonable adjustments you may require at this stage. A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs.
This position will close on 01 October 2023, 11:59 PM Rome time.
Assisting more than 115.5 million people in 120 + countries each year, the World Food Program (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies, and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
As the international community has committed to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition by
2030, one in nine people worldwide still do not have enough to eat. Food and food-related assistance lie at the heart of the struggle to break the cycle of hunger and poverty.
WFP Lebanon provides humanitarian assistance to over 2 million vulnerable persons for food and other essential needs through cash-based transfers and in-kind food. WFP Lebanon also provides food assistance in the form of snacks and fresh food to school aged students and promotes resilient livelihoods and sustainable food systems. In addition to direct assistance to the most food insecure and vulnerable people, WFP also supports government institutions, partners, and other entities to strengthen their capacity to deliver social assistance.
To know more about WFP’s mission, please check the below video:
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Within delegated authority and under the supervision of the Community feedback and response mechanism (CFRM) Manager, the Programme Assistant(CFRM) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Compile programmatic messages and collate simplified summaries through question and answers (Q&As) for beneficiary feedback and information provision
- Facilitate communication of key messages to beneficiary through channels identified by the organization, such as SMS, outbound calls etc.
- Translate, or facilitate translation of key messages into languages easily understood or preferred by the targeted beneficiaries. These include but not limited to be Q&As, feedback to beneficiaries on complaints, drafting and translating SMS.
- Where possible, participate in meeting sessions with beneficiary representatives or leaders, to provide updates and disseminate information. This could be virtual or physical.
- Perform monthly analyses and generate reports on no-show at validation and card distribution sites, as well as, no-redemption cases; and flag them for follow up.
- Provide supportive supervision to the call center operations through regular visits to the call center, providing information and supporting operators to handle cases channeled to WFP.
- Identify and highlight issues that come through the call center on a daily basis and bring to the attention of the supervisor, cases that require urgent action by management.
- Weekly updates of the call center operations and beneficiary communication should be generated and incorporated in the sub-unit weekly report.
- Facilitate administrative processes for the Protection and accountability to affected populations (AAP) unit. These include procurement processes, purchase requisition and raising payment requests through Enterprise Resource Planning (EPR) tools and payment processing for invoices received.
- Monitor and follow up on pending cases on the CRM and make sure that the resolution rate is above 80% and cases are closed within the relevant timeframe.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, compile data and support analysis and preparation of periodic reports on communications, Call Centre and protection in order to support operational decision-making.
- Support in monitoring and ensure accuracy and integrity of community feedback and response mechanism (CFRM) data, and initiate action to correct any data discrepancies.
- Collect, organize and compile data into the existing database and maintain corporate applications systems within the specific technical area of work
- Provide coordination, administrative and specialized services, to support staff in the development, preparation and execution of communications campaigns for target audiences.
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Support communication and activities with local partners, other UN agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
- Draft correspondence, documents and reports related to the field of work.
- Act as a liaison between WFP and the CFRM channels, to keep updated information for frontliners to maintain updated information on the knowledge base.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Perform other related duties as required.
This position is open to qualified Lebanese candidates only.
Education: Secondary School Education. Bachelor’s degree in communication, Social Sciences, Community development, international affairs, or other related field is a plus.
Experience: At least Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience, including at least two (2) years in programme, Call Centre, beneficiary communications, monitoring, or other related fields.
Language: Working knowledge (proficiency/Level C) of English and Arabic is a must.
Desired Experiences for entry into the role:
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Especially Excel) and customer relation management systems
- Demonstrated ability to undertake basic statistical analysis.
- Familiarity with analytical and reporting tools will be an added advantage
- Clear and concise written communication in Arabic and English
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate communication with other agency teams including ability to contribute to the effective implementation of programmes and policy discussions.
- Understanding of personal data protection and privacy in the humanitarian context.
- Knowledge of WFP activities and procedures in the country is a plus