Pledge Management Intern
For interested Applicants, Application will ONLY be accepted Via following link:
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with a network of 192-member National Societies. The overall aim of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” The IFRC works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises.
IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement), together with its member National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The work of the IFRC is guided by the following fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
IFRC is led by its Secretary General, and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) National Society Development and Operations Coordination; (ii) Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Digitalization; and (iii) Management Policy, Strategy and Corporate Services.
IFRC has five regional offices in Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, Europe, and the Americas. IFRC also has country cluster delegation and country delegations throughout the world. Together, the Geneva Headquarters and the field structure (regional, cluster and country) comprise the IFRC Secretariat.
Reporting to the Head of Strategic Engagement and Partnerships Unit (SEP), the Pledge Management Intern will work to enable a close and cooperative working relationship between SEP team, Movement and non-Movement partners, various functions within MENA Regional Office (MENA RO) as well as with the respective technical departments in Geneva. The Pledge Management Intern will be responsible for tracking the development and implementation of pledges in close cooperation with relevant Regional and Country teams within the MENA Region plus Geneva and will ensure SEP’s effective maintenance of strong relations with existing donors through efficient reporting, pledge management, and relevant and timely information sharing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Pledge and Grants Management:
Pledge Management and Processing:
- Support the SEP team in following up on negotiations with National Societies in order to secure pledges and grants;
- Ensure that the pledges are properly and timely registered and the same shared with the partners pledge managers and relevant colleagues in the Regional Office;
- Ensure that relevant updates in the Apple system are included, and pledges and grants reflecting agreed criteria are shared with donors and understood by relevant budget holders;
- Ensure that Budget Holders and Finance team are aware and receive information on MoUs and donor requirements in due course;
- In close cooperation with Budget Holders ensure that renegotiation of pledge requirements takes place on time as and when required;
- Ensure timely follow up on the pledge payment arrangements and follow up on any overdue pledge payments;
- Ensure that all prospect funding and hard pledges are duly registered on CRM.
Grants Compliance and Management:
- Support the SEP team in arranging the monthly meeting between project managers, finance, PMER and SEP to review all active pledges and make sure the donor reporting requirements and implementation are on track, and that all donor reports (standard reports and pledge based reports) are prepared to quality standards, that there is compliance with agreed partner/donor conditions and requirements, and to send reports to partners/donors before deadlines.
- Support country and country cluster offices for amendments of grants and grants related contracts;
- Ensure consistency and compliance to grant management procedures in view of achieving quality reporting and accountability.
Tools and System
- Management of the Key information/ SEP Data in MENA
- Partner/donor contact lists: ensure that partners and donors contact lists and email groups for MENA Region are kept up to date and the information is stored on shared drive and CRM.
- Ensure the management of all information/data related to partnerships/funding in MENA region is fully updated on the SEP CRM system;
- Ensure that the CRM system is functioning and is up to date with all the relevant data of meetings, discussions, pledges with relevant donors;
- Ensure good CRM data input and analysis of donor trends benefitting fundraising efforts in MENA Region;
- Ensure Donor information and overview is captured and analyzed in CRM;
- Work closely with global SEP CRM unit on development of new tools, dashboards and analytics.
- Ensure that the MENA Region’s RM folders on the shared drive are kept up to date and in good order
Business Development and Fundraising
Donor research and funding opportunities
- Support carrying out donor prospect research and actively engaging the donors to contribute towards thematic funding for MENA Region.
- Degree in relevant discipline (ex. g. International Relations, Humanitarian Affairs, Business. - Required
- Administration, Economics, Finance), and/or relevant trainings.
- Relevant professional training courses (Red Cross/Red Crescent related, humanitarian and development sector, management). - Required
- Relevant background knowledge of 6 months to 1 year. - Preferred
- Red Cross Red Crescent work experience. - Preferred
- Experience in research of partner trends, humanitarian financing data, regional debates and partner positions in humanitarian aid. - Preferred
- Exposure with partners including private and public sector. - Required
- Experience/knowledge in pledge management, planning, reporting systems and financial management. - Preferred
- Experience of development and implementation of funding plans. - Preferred
- Experience of grant and proposal writing for funding applications. - Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Negotiation and relationship skills, the ability to collaborate internally and externally with stakeholders. - Required
- Results oriented individual, strategic thinking, entrepreneurial and hands on. - Required
- Outstanding representational, communication and training skills. An ability to be proactive and persuasive, contributing to a client-focused culture. - Required
- Demonstrated track record in contributing to a learning culture, sharing knowledge with strong analytical skills. - Required
- Track record in producing high quality work within short deadlines and ability to make effective, timely decisions. - Required
- High degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients and stakeholders at all levels. - Required
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural, multilingual, multidisciplinary environment. - Required
- Exemplary skills in the management and analysis of fundraising data. - Required
- Fluency in Microsoft office tools and experience in the use of CRM for resource development. - Required
- Strong knowledge of grant processes and guidelines - Required
- Excellent relationship building skills; ability to build and strengthen internal and external networks and establish effective partnerships, with National Societies. - Required
- Fluently spoken and written English. - Required
- Good command of Arabic. - Required
Competencies, Values and Comments
- Respect for diversity
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Judgement and decision making
- National society and customer relations
- Creativity and innovation
- Building trust