Child Protection Officer - Sin El Fil
n order to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the template on the following link:
A member of our Human Resources team will contact you soon if your profile is considered for the job vacancy, and if more information is needed. If you are not being approached by our Human Resources team, please consider your application automatically registered in our database.
Caritas Lebanon is committed to all Safeguarding Principles and will not tolerate any act in any shape or form of misuse regarding Child Safeguarding Policies and Sexual Exploitation Abuse or Harassment (SEA). All staff must understand that Caritas Lebanon will apply a zero-tolerance policy to SEA and any harassment of any type. Caritas Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Moreover, Caritas Lebanon will not share any personal data with anyone outside Caritas Lebanon whatsoever unless requested by Law. All applicants are strictly required to adhere to these standards. Therefore, the selected applicant shall be requested to provide additional information to conduct the needed background check.
In addition, Caritas Lebanon will reserve its rights not to hire any applicant who was previously reported for a SEA incident.
The Child Protection (CP) Officer ensures the harmonization of all services and that all program components are implemented with high quality standards.
- Ensure the implementation of the internal and National SOPs, guidelines, referral and coordination mechanisms for assistance to persons of concern.
- Provide needed Capacity Building and trainings to ensure that staff implement and respect best-practice and international standards for national protection group prevention and response.
- Monitor the provision of cash for protection, assess objectives and follow-up on the impact of assistance.
- Supervision of the case management supervisor team.
- Provide guidance to the case management supervisors in overseeing CP case management (including follow up on referrals and action plans) and support services provided to persons of concern referred or identified by Caritas centres.
- Work directly in the field with case management supervisors and the staff.
- Conduct case management meetings with the case management supervisors and staff team for complex cases.
- Represent Caritas Lebanon in all CP coordination meetings at regional level.
- Complete Child Protection reports (monthly and quarterly reports).
- Ensure and monitor the correct documentation of cases through review of files and databases.
- Ensure confidentiality of information and that data protection and information-sharing protocols are respected.
- Ensure all tasks are manageable and share challenges with the Protection Coordinator.
- Ensure the dissemination of information from the Protection Coordinator.
- Provide briefings on child safeguarding and appropriate behaviour with children to all case management staff.
- Ensure any concerns are reported and addressed immediately.
- Ensure smooth collaboration with the PSS Officer.
- Monitor/assess the safety and security of oneself consistently and proactively.
- Report concerns or incidents to management promptly and liaise with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for programs.
- Submit quality reports as scheduled including but not limited to monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Coordinate with the MEAL team for the implementation of monitoring and evaluation plan to assess the impact of activities and projects.
- Other duties as assigned by the Protection Coordinator.
- Demonstrated experience and training in staff management.
- Ability to work well in a team, under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Experience in building capacity of teams and staff.
- Commitment to the aims, principles and values of Caritas Lebanon.
- Ability to plan well, set own targets and meet them.
- Excellent facilitation, training and research skills.
- Diplomacy and assertiveness; the ability to confront and discuss sensitive issues with respect.
- Good communication skills, with good spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Excellent report writing, research documentation and presentation skills.
Microsoft office – all applications
A Degree in Social Work, Humanitarian Assistance, International Human Rights, Law or any other related field.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Three or more years of work experience in international development/humanitarian assistance program, preferably in emergency context.
- Knowledge of operations of local and international NGOs.
- Field experience and solid understanding of psychosocial/protection issues in such context.
- Experience in team management and staff capacity building.
- Extensive training experience.
- Demonstrated training materials development experience.
- Previous work experience in refugee/IDP settings, complex emergencies and/or post conflict/disaster situations.
- جبل لبنان
- Sinn El Fil