NATIONAL EXPERT CONSULTANTS
ABOUT AUB NGOi
The Non-Governmental Organizations Initiative (NGOi) is an initiative of the American University of Beirut (AUB) that provides different bespoke services focused on development, institutional strengthening and capacity building to the NGO sector in the Middle East and North Africa Region.
The Arab Alliance for CSO Development (AACSOD - أقصد) is a 5-year flagship program established by NGOi in partnership with the Ford Foundation and the Asfari Foundation to provide services to Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in the Arab World. These services include tailored organizational development, capacity building, institutional strengthening, contextualization & Arabization, knowledge sharing, and organizational certification.
Each year, three countries from the Arab World will be adopted for AACSOD implementation. In each of these three countries, five CSOs will be selected to receive the services of AACSOD and ideally reach its organizational targets through performance improvement and strengthened internal capacities. The selected CSOs will be enrolled in an organizational development track/process through which several performance improvement planning sessions, and monitoring and evaluation visits take place.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for experienced professionals in the NGO field to serve as National Expert Consultants with AACSOD.
About the Role
AACSOD supports CSOs through a variety of services, one of which is the institutional strengthening program. As such, AACSOD NGOi is seeking National Expert Consultants based in Morocco, Iraq or Kuwait, to be assigned to support selected CSOs in institutional strengthening and organizational development journey. The Expert is expected to engage closely with their assigned CSOs to set their respective performance improvement plans, provide guidance as needed, and monitor and evaluate their progress towards their organizational development goals.
AACSOD National Expert Consultants are expected to report directly to the Regional Expert Consultant assigned to their country of operation and may resort to the NGOi Core Team to report any issue or concern. The National Expert may be requested to report to the NGOi Core Team.
Note: This is not a full-time position; the selected expert will enter into a consultancy agreement with the AUB Global Health Institute. The position may require travel (travel expenses will be covered by AUB NGOi).
The responsibilities of the National Expert include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reviewing documents submitted by the CSOs they are assigned to, and providing criteria-based comments and suggestions for improvement
- Providing guidance to CSO management team on proper management practices, policies, procedures and required documentation
- Setting performance improvement plans collaboratively with the CSO management team
- Conducting validation site visits as well as follow-up site visits for monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Reporting to the Regional Expert and the NGOi Core Team on progress of assigned CSOs
- Writing progress & narrative reports as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in NGO management, project management, capacity building, consulting, organizational development, or other relevant fields
- Previous experience in working in Morocco, Iraq, or Kuwait
- Understanding of the scope of operations of NGOs in the MENA region generally, and in Morocco, Iraq, or Kuwait particularly as well as related policies, regulations, and laws
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Excellent English and/or Arabic writing and communication skills, and the ability to present information logically and concisely. French language is a plus*.
*For Moroccan applicants French language is required.
How to apply
This call for applications consists of two steps:
1. Interested applicants are requested to fill the Application Form by September 22, 2023 via the link:
Note: Applications submitted by email will not be considered.
2. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via e-mail by NGOi for an online or in-person interview.
NGOi reserves the right to keep applicants' details should their experience be more suitable for other positions that may arise in the future.
Note: The selected expert consultants are expected to attend a 3 to 5-day, in-person training at the American University of Beirut in Lebanon in January/February 2024.
For more information about this call, you may reach the AACSOD team by email to [email protected] or by phone to +961-1-350 000 ext. 4952.منتهية الصلاحية