Partnership Finance Assistant
The candidates interested in this post should provide the following to the email: [email protected]
-Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Terms of Reference
Partnership Finance Assistant
EuroMed Feminist Initiative
EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) is a policy network that provides expertise in the field of gender equality, democracy building and citizenship, and advocates for political solutions to all conflicts, and peoples´ rights to self-determination. EFI encompasses women’s rights organizations from the two shores of the Mediterranean and seeks to correct the gender power imbalances through ending discrimination and oppression of women and bringing about positive change for the whole society. EFI Headquarters are in Paris, with offices in Amman, Beirut. You can visit our website to know more about our work: www.efi-ife.org
On January 1st, 2021, EFI started implementing the third phase of the program, with the project "Supporting political transition through Gender - Sensitive Social Reconstruction", funded by the Swedish International Development and Cooperation agency (SIDA).
The project aims at contributing to inclusive gender-sensitive peace building and social reconstruction process. In this frame, EFI organizes trainings, conferences, lobby and study trips, among other activities, for lawyers, jurists and women rights activists working to advance women’s rights and gender equality.
For this project, EFI is looking for a Partnership finance Assistant based in Beirut.
The Overall Responsibility as a Partnership Finance Assistant is:
To work on financial monitoring and support financial capacity building for EFI partners and to practice rigorous budgeting control mechanism.
The roles and responsibilities are:
- Provides feedback and enhances internal controls to satisfy IFE-EFI audit requirements.
- Supports in providing the necessary documentation and records during the audit process including stamping, filing and scanning for all partners financial reports.
- Checks cash reports and bank reconciliations for EFI partners and manages bank and cash transactions related to partners.
- Ensures the use of correct budget code and monitors cash payment to ensure that the partners’ expenditures are recorded correctly in the financial reports in accordance with the partners’ table of exchange rates.
- Ensures proper financial documentation for EFI Partners by reviewing partners reports and providing feedback to the Regional Financial Manager
- Follows EFI financial check-list.
- Provides technical assistance to partners to enhance the finance systems and the organization’s internal controls.
This consultant reports directly to the Regional Finance Manager who is based in Beirut with close collaboration with finance officer in Beirut.
▪ University degree in accounting or finance with preference professional certification in accounting.
▪ Excellent written and oral communication in English and Arabic is essential. French language is desirable.
▪ Excellent Microsoft Office application especially Excel.
▪ A minimum of three years of relevant work experience in finance and accounting in NGOs is required.
▪ Proven experience in working with partners.
▪ Ability to provide finance guidance and coaching for Partners.
▪ Knowledge of accounting principles.
▪ Understanding of development field such as INGOs or institutional donor is desirable.
▪ Demonstrated record of accurate and timely reporting.
▪ Ability to multi-task effectively, including having excellent planning, organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
▪ Ability to complete task and meet deadline.
▪ Detail-oriented approach with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities. ▪ Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way, presents effectively.
▪ Ability to work in a multicultural team and with partners sharing EFI core values.
▪ This role is open for qualified Lebanese candidates.
▪ Duty station is in Beirut.
▪ A Consultant with contract length of 4 (Four) months.
▪ This is immediate hire and will be closed as soon as we find the right consultant. The Consultant has to be office based for a schedule of 8 hours.