Sanabel Nour is a humanitarian, nonprofit, and apolitical NGO that started its interventions in 1995 in North Lebanon. Its main objective is to protect orphan kids in their homes and help them by securing financial guarantees to remain with their families without the need to seek orphanages.
As a result of the increased and diversified needs, Sanabel Nour is working on developing its community support in different ways ad through various sectors such as: providing in-kind and financial support for people in need, providing health services, reducing school dropouts and child labor through establishing educational centers and providing scholarship for eligible students. In addition to the economic empowerment for women and youth through implementing vocational training (TVET) and supporting small businesses (SMES).
Introduction and Scope
Under the anticipated phase 2 of project « CAP Tripoli – Empowering Sanabel Nour », funded by CDCS (Centre de Crise et de Soutien du Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Etrangères), Sanabel Nour, with the support of Bioforce, is committed to strengthening its capacities and its credibility towards international actors in Lebanon.
Following an organizational self-assessment and action planning, Sanabel Nour defined a set of activities that will help the association address areas of improvement on the organizational level.
On the Human Resources level, Sanabel Nour is searching for an HR manager to manage the HR department within the organization, work on HR policies and guidelines, and ensure effective implementation of HR processes.
The Human Resource Manager will be in charge of managing the HR department of Sanabel Nour organization, building effective management systems, setting up required policies, procedures and guidelines in order to contribute to the overall performance of Sanabel Nour staff and long-term sustainability of its activities.
Responsibility 1: Manage the Human Resources department through the formalization of any required policies and procedures and their communication to the staff, collaborating closely with Bioforce team
- Lead the formalization of HR policies and guidelines, in close coordination with Sanabel Nour’s director.
- Organize staff meetings to collect feedback from the staff regarding HR policies and procedures within the organization
- Ensure the dissemination and implementation of the HR policies and guidelines
- Ensure regular communication with the staff using adequate communication channels (staff meetings, induction, bilateral meetings, HR Board, etc.)
- Report to Sanabel Nour’s director any needs of improvements, challenges faced
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Ensure the management of the HR team
Responsibility 2: Ensure the adequate HR set-up for the activity implementation and manage recruitments when required, collaborating closely with Bioforce team
- Review and update the organizational chart in close coordination with the staff and director
- Ensure that all employees have up-to-date job descriptions
- Lead the talent acquisition process in line with the organization’s Recruitment and Hiring procedures
- Define the skills and competencies required with the recruitment manager through the preparation of the Job Description and organize the recruitment process
- Lead the hiring and induction process of all new employees
- Ensure that the recruitment process is aligned with the key values and principles of the organization
Responsibility 3: Manage all employment contracts and staff administrative duties within the organization, collaborating closely with Bioforce team
- Manage employment contracts (new contract, renewal, end of contract)
- Ensure compliance with local employment laws and regulations, recommend best practices; and review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain employees’ files up-to-date and complete at all time
- Set up an annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the activities implementation
Responsibility 4: Set up a Performance management system to foster staff development (disciplinary, capacity building, etc.), collaborating closely with Bioforce team
- Ensure the implementation of a performance management system with regular performance evaluations
- Train staff on performance management
- Assess capacity building needs in close collaboration with the managers and Director and set up a capacity building plan
- Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Provide support and guidance to all staffs in terms of management best practices
- Report to Sanabel Nour’s director any suspicion of disciplinary issues
- Oversee employee disciplinary processes and investigations, in close coordination with Sanabel Nour’s director
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of five years of human resource management within an NGO including at least 2 years in a manager role
- Language skills: Fluent in English and Arabic, (speaking/reading/writing).
Please note that we will commence the review of CVs and conduct interviews immediately, as we are actively seeking to fill this position as soon as possible, and will not wait until the closing date.
Salary have not been identified yet and is subject to an official amendment that will be sent to the donor during the recruitment process.
This position is funded under anticipated phase 2 of “CAP Tripoli- Empowering Sanabel Nour” project that will end in August 2024. The renewal of the contract depends on the availability of fund and Sanabel Nour organizational decision.
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.