Part Time Speech and Language Therapist/ in Beirut Exclusively
T.E.A.C.H. is a Lebanese, non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides accessible treatment, education, and protection for all vulnerable people who have mental health issues while maintaining its values regarding inclusion, accessibility, integrity and dignity. The association provides mental health and psychosocial support consultations through its case management teams located in Beirut and Mount Lebanon. T.E.A.C.H. also aims to advocate for mental health by promoting community-based interventions through the youth and caregivers.
We are looking for a skilled and sympathetic speech and language therapist to provide quality care for our clients. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, age, and familial or marital status.
Description / Scope of Work:
The speech language therapist will evaluate, diagnose and treat persons with speech or language disorders, formulate individualized treatment programs, keep appropriate records, and inform faculty and parents about clients' progress.
- Work closely with and report to the clinical coordinator as well as work closely with other members of the clinical team.
- Apply knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the client served (infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric).
- Demonstrate competence, awareness and sensitivity of the physical, emotional and socio-psychological needs of infants through geriatrics.
- Conduct communication, cognitive and linguistic evaluations within the established time frame. Swallowing evaluations is a plus.
- Demonstrate skill in appropriate selection, administration and interpretation of standardized and non-standardized assessments using age specific criteria for each age population served.
- Develop and implement treatment plans according to a valid prescription and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Establish a plan of care for each client including mutually established goals, taking into account the client’s age and educational level.
- Progress toward goals will be documented and reported to the physician per departmental and applicable regulatory policy.
- Prepare and maintain accurate client care records according to departmental protocols and demonstrate basic competency for completing accurate electronic documentation.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill to utilize departmental equipment safely and appropriately for client care activities.
Duties / Responsibilities:
Overview of responsibilities:
- Diagnose, treat, and prevent speech and language disorders. Knowledge in swallowing disorders is a plus.
- Perform screenings to detect voice or speech disorders.
- Identify the speech and communication difficulty or disorder.
- Assess the cause and nature of the problem; for example, congenital problems such as cleft palate or acquired disorders after a stroke or injury.
- Educate clients and family members about speech and language disorders and causes, including disabilities and traumatic events.
- Create therapy plans to suit the individualized needs of a diverse population of clients.
- Devise and deliver a suitable treatment program, working on a one-to-one basis or in groups, to enable each of the clients to improve as much as possible.
- Review and revise the program as appropriate.
- Monitor and evaluate clients' progress.
- Keep detailed records related to clients’ conditions, plan of care, therapies, and progress.
- Report progress and current status to appropriate parties, which may include family members, teachers or medical professionals.
- Write confidential client case notes and reports, as well as information of clients, caregivers and other professionals.
- Manage a caseload while taking into account priority cases, waiting lists, successful outcomes, referral and discharge of service users.
- Work within a team to improve the effectiveness of service delivery.
Required Skills / Abilities:
Some of the required skills and abilities are:
- Hearing ability sufficient to evaluate person’s speech.
- Skills in communicating verbally and in writing with students, faculty members, and parents so that all parties understand the program and the degree of progress being made.
- Understanding and commitment to child’s rights and protection.
- Experience providing individual therapy and group therapy services.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Analytical and reporting skills.
- Confidentiality is fully connected to a wide extent.
- Professional standard of ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with T.E.A.C.H internal policies and procedures and external regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with team members and clients, and caregivers.
- Integrity, self-management, counseling and listening skills.
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.