SAT, GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, English Language Teachers/Instructors
Interested applicants should send their resume to [email protected] with the subject title: Application for EL/TP Teachers.
Established in 1951, Amideast is an American nonprofit organization dedicated to creating hope, opportunity, and mutual understanding among people in the Middle East, North Africa, and United States through life-changing opportunities for education and cultural exchanges. Working with local, regional, and international partners, we provide programs and services that improve educational opportunity and quality, expand access to U.S. study, empower youth and women, strengthen local institutions, and develop language and professional skills for success in the global economy. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., Amideast operates offices in 11 countries in the MENA region. Amideast has been operating in Lebanon since the 1950’s. It provides different testing, training and scholarships to youth and professionals. For more information, visit us at www.amideast.org.
Amideast Lebanon English-speaking university graduates and relevant teaching experience, to join our exceptional team of GMAT, GRE, TOEFL and SAT (English and Math) instructors and English Language Teachers.
Instructors utilize learner-centric methods to provide instruction in Test Preparation to classes of 12-16 students. Our public and contract courses run year-round, with peak periods in the afternoons, evenings, and weekends. The teachers will be expected to teach at least 6 - 12 hours per week, subject to course demand with 2 days off per week, though they may not be consecutive or fall on weekends.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all Amideast course offerings and ensure that each course delivered, whether in-person or online, adheres to principles of adult or young learner language acquisition within a communicative approach Select and adapt materials and resources that engage learners as active participants, provide a variety of classroom activities, and integrate the four skills
- Prepare thorough lesson plans and all materials needed for each class session, utilizing assigned textbooks and our online and physical resource libraries
- Assess student progress and achievement through appropriate, varied assessment means; notifying the EL Director when a student is in jeopardy of not passing a course Maintain accurate and up-to-date attendance records for all classes Provide student grades within 48 hours of course completion Keep EL Director informed of issues related to students and courses that need to be resolved
- Participate regularly in teacher meetings and professional development workshops
- Provide feedback to continually help improve our EL program, courses, and services Maintain a monthly timesheet and submit to the EL Program Officer on time Review and sign Amideast/Lebanon Instructor Handbook and Child Protection Policy, acknowledging understanding and adherence to the policies contained therein
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- AP-level knowledge in at least one or more subjects
- Strong GMAT, GRE or above the 95th percentile
- Experience teaching SAT, TOEFL, and/or TOEIC prep classes
- Extensive knowledge of the field of English language teaching, the communicative approach, and the learner-centered classroom
- Fluent English proficiency in all four skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to a new culture and learner needs within a different context
- Flexibility in teaching youth and adults
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in the required field and/or in English language teaching
- TESOL credential (i.e. a degree from an accredited university or a CELTA, PCELT, TEFL certificate) with a teaching practicum
- 2 years’ minimum classroom English teaching experience 3+ experience in teaching test preparation (SAT, GMAT, GRE, TOEFL and TOEIC) in particular
- Ability and willingness to adapt to a variety of audiences – children and adults, including university students and professionals.
- Ability to work in a team and contribute to overall English language program success.Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills Punctuality and timeliness in record keeping Exceptional verbal and written communication skills Ability to create a productive, inclusive and safe learning environment
The incumbent in this position will work in a professional office environment and will utilize the following equipment when working from the corporate office or remote home office (either on a full time, temporary, or hybrid basis).
- Computer (laptop or desktop)
The physical demands and work environment that have been described is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is an overview of the major functions and requirements of this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of the position; the Employee’s Manager may assign other duties as related or as otherwise deemed appropriate and necessary within the general scope, without the need for additional compensation.
Amideast is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Positions that involve interaction with children will be required to read, acknowledge, and comply with and attend special training in accordance with the Child Protection and Safeguarding policy. All Amideast representatives must comply with the Code of Conduct and all applicable organizational policies which include but are not limited to, Anti-Human Trafficking and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.