Media & Communication Officer
Applications should include: Detailed CV with at least two References, and Cover letter (max 1 page)
Please send both documents – in English and in PDF format to: [email protected], writing in the subject the reference “Media & Communication Officer”.
The deadline for submission is June 9, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by email.
LWRO values diversity and is committed to equal opportunities. All applicants for employment will receive equal treatment without discrimination on grounds of gender, race, ethnic or national origins, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other grounds.
Areas Of Responsibility
The Media & Communication Officer duties include:
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of an effective LWRO media & communication strategy.
- Coordinate the projects media & communication activities and events (Trainings, awareness sessions, community events, etc..)
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, social media content, reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the projects activities, and/or objectives.
- Act as a liaison between the organization, the community, the stakeholders and the media.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and media representatives, and maintain a media database.
- Maintain records of media coverage.
- Good connections and know-how with mass media and media representatives.
- Develop monthly newsletter, work on advocacy elements in close collaboration with LWRO team.
- Collect and draft various success stories for reporting from the field.
- Produce high quality program media & communication progress reports as per donors’ requirements.
- Provide high quality editing and formatting for all program related documents.
- Researching, preparing fact-checking, editing, and producing professional media and communications materials for various audiences and ensuring their timely dissemination and amplification via LWRO communications channels.
- Ensure the development of messages that reinforce LWRO brand/identity and attract media attention through a range of documents, publications and electronic services.
- Monitor the preparation of LWRO’s communication tools from conceptualization to production, annual report, brochures, fact sheets.
Educational Background & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, branding, art direction, journalism, advertising, or communication.
- At least 2 to 3 years relevant work experiences, experience in NGOs is a must.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills in both English and Arabic, including drafting press releases, success stories, social media posts, creating infographics, etc.
- Good knowledge in creating content and managing social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube).
- Experience in following up on digital video productions.
- Detailed oriented; with the ability to follow up on procedures to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, written and spoken.
- Good knowledge of Graphic Design Tools (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Good Photography and videography skills