Livelihoods Officer – Part-time
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected]. Also please state the position opnening in the subject of your email.
This is immediate opening. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Position: Livelihoods Officer – Part-time
Tahaddi is a Lebanese NGO established in 2008 whose aim is to empower families facing extreme poverty through the provision of education, health, and psychosocial support. Tahaddi principally works in Hay el Gharbeh, an informal settlement in Southern Beirut. Tahaddi runs a non-formal education center, a primary health clinic, and a psychosocial center. In addition, Tahaddi operates an income-generating sewing workshop.
Tahaddi Lebanon is currently hiring a Livelihoods Program Officer (LPO) who will be an essential part of Tahaddi’s Youth Transition Program (YTP). The aim of the YTP is to equip students age 14 to 16 with the academic, social, and vocational skills needed to successfully transition into further education or to the workforce. The LPO will coordinate the day-to-day operations of the training spaces and ensure key program objectives are delivered in a timely fashion and at high quality. The program officer will be responsible for the placement in training for the youth in their last year of the YTP and for the youth who graduated from the YTP who are either in vocational training, at work, or at home, he /she will also be responsible for drafting periodic reports related to Tahaddi’s livelihoods portfolio.
Reports to: The Youth Social Worker and the Education Director
Location: Tahaddi Center, Hay el Gharbeh, Southern Beirut
Work type: Part-time, 3 days per week from 8:00 to 3:15
The LPO oversees the training spaces (sewing and woodworking), coordinates the purchase of needed materials,
monitors instructors’ schedules, students’ registration and attendance. The LPO oversees equipment maintenance and upkeep and implements safety policies and practices.
He/She oversees curricula development, implementation and evaluation of competencies, and updates them based on evaluations and learnings.
He/She looks for vocational, courses or training opportunities for youth in their last year of YTP and for youth who graduated from the YTP during the first year after graduation.
He/She organizes weekly debriefing with the graduated youth, gives them soft skills training as needed, and follows up regularly on youth in training, at work or at home.
He/She writes regular reports on the work and activities done or in progress.
- Plan and oversee day-to-day activities of vocational learning spaces
- Work closely with the youth social worker, coordinating training schedules and registration of students, and monitoring trainers’ and students’ presence.
- Ensure implementation of safety policies and practices
- Work closely with the Head of Administration to coordinate purchasing of supplies for sewing and woodworking workshops
- Coordinate with trainers to ensure proper use, maintenance, and replacement of equipment
- Coordinate with trainers to ensure proper evaluations of competencies on a regular basis and keep up-to-date educational records for participants
- Write curricula with instructors, if necessary, and/or update curricula based on evaluations and input from trainers.
- Look for new training or vocational opportunities, contact and meet with new partners
- Meet with graduated youth from the YTP the year after their graduation on a weekly basis for debriefing and soft skills training sessions.
- Meet with students’ parents when necessary.
- Contribute to the development and growth of the program in coordination with the wider YTP team
- Write short reports for grant partners related to the YTP program and other livelihood activities
- Report on the content of meetings, activities, visits to partners, attendance, competency evaluations, and any relevant statistics on shared files on the SharePoint platform.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (MA preferred) in a related field, and/or relevant experience in program coordination
- Knowledge of adult instructional and learning theory and principles
- Knowledge of instructional design
- Knowledge of training methodologies
- Knowledge of learning management systems
- Knowledge of competency-based assessment
- Knowledge of program coordination and reporting
Key Skills, Requirements, and Competencies
- Fluency in Arabic and very good knowledge of English
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Planning and organizing skills
- Communication skills with both adults and youth
- Data gathering and analysis
- Problem analysis and solving
- Working in a team
- Maturity, patience, and understanding in dealing with youth and adults coming from different backgrounds.
Adherence to Tahaddi’s core values of acting with justice and integrity, and working with families and youth in a situation of extreme poverty with compassion and respect.