Interested applicants should submit their CV to [email protected] indicating “DM&E Officer” in the subject of the email by April 13, 2023.
The interview process will be ongoing, and might end upon receiving a qualified candidate for the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants who have a personal relationship/association with a CLDH staff member are required to declare it in their email application.
The Lebanese Center for Human Rights (CLDH) is a local non-profit, non-partisan Lebanese human rights organization based in Beirut. CLDH was created in 2006 by the Franco-Lebanese Movement SOLIDA (Support for Lebanese Detained Arbitrarily), which has been active since 1996 in the struggle against arbitrary detention, enforced disappearance and the impunity of those perpetrating gross human rights violations.
CLDH monitors the human rights situation in Lebanon, fights enforced disappearance, impunity, arbitrary detention and racism and rehabilitates the victims of torture. CLDH regularly organizes press conferences, workshops and advocacy meetings on human rights issues in Lebanon and collects, records and documents human rights abuses in reports and press releases.
CLDH team on the ground supports initiatives aimed at determining the fate of all missing persons in Lebanon.
CLDH regularly follows up on numerous cases of arbitrary detention and torture in Lebanon in coordination with Lebanese and international organizations, and with the United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention WGAD and the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture.
The MEAL department was established as an independent component within CLDH toward the end of 2019.
In early 2023, CLDH acquired the Activity Info Database to utilize the data entry of the frontliners on the system, ensure timely and informative reporting, and minimizing human error.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and implement a comprehensive data management policy for CLDH's databases to ensure compliance with project indicators.
- Collect, manage, organize, and analyze data across projects and programs using CLDH databases to meet the needs of CLDH.
- Provide monthly recommendations and guidance to other departments based on data findings.
- Develop a work plan that addresses data management needs.
- Administer surveys and questionnaires and project M&E tools, and review other studies.
- Write reports and proposals and deliver M&E presentations and trainings when required.
- Conduct or supervise CLDH research when needed.
- Establish and update internal policies and user manuals for the department.
- Create, improve, and update relevant M&E tools, including drafting and following up on surveys and questionnaires, dashboards, frameworks, and log-frames.
- Assist with the design of programs and projects, including creating a log frame and composing written sections related to monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL).
- Lead the CLDH team in conducting regular reviews and data analysis to facilitate learning and adjustment.
- Track the designated targets for each program and develop project indicators.
- Perform data cleaning and data extraction monthly.
- Draft quantitative and qualitative reports to relevant stakeholders and donors.
- Monitor ongoing cases within the data management system and ensure the relevant team members are aware of any issues or concerns.
- Minimum three years expertise in Excel, Microsoft Power Bi, Activity Info, Data visualization.
- Background knowledge of the Lebanese civil and penal laws.
- Previous work experience with Databases and Data extractions processes and analysis.
- Organization and time management skills
- Fluency in Arabic, & English, French is a plus
Bachelor degree in Statistics, Public Administration, International Development Business Administration, Political Sciences, Law, Humanitarian Studies or other related fields.
The DM&E Officer is based in CLDH office in Zalka. For this position, CLDH adopts a hybrid work policy-remote work with office attendance when required