Projects’ Coordinator – FTE – Education Program
Please send your CV and Cover Letter mentioning the position in the subject of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Amel Association International is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
- Amel has a Zero Tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and sexual harassment: Candidates will not be considered for employment with Amel if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts.
Under Amel’s crisis response program and in coordination with the education program team, the education projects’ coordinator will be responsible for the smooth and timely implementation of several NFE (Non-Formal Education) projects in accordance with the projects’ proposals, ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget.
The projects’ coordinator will work in close collaboration with other Education program’s team, the Programs’ & Partnerships Coordinator and other relevant colleagues from support, sector and management departments.
The projects’ coordinator will be based in Beirut (Msaitbeh), with regular field visits to the projects’ sites in Bekaa and South Lebanon. The project coordinator will be particularly in charge of several education projects, including Mobile Education Units and Youth Basic Literacy and Numeracy projects.
Responsibility #1: Projects Implementation
- Global projects’ oversight to ensure the timely completion of projects’ activities and objectives, according to projects’ and education unit’s work plan;
- Develop, update and follow up a detailed work plan, in line with the donor’s agreement and Amel’s guidance as well as common practices of the organization. The work plan for each project should be collaboratively designed with the field team members and the Education Department
- Conduct field visits, team meetings and regular monitoring ensuring the teams’ members adherence to work plans, as well as partner/donor visits;
- Maintain working relationships with projects stakeholders, including Amel’s workers, , projects’ partners, local actors, municipalities, UN agencies, MEHE, etc.;
- Coordinate with colleagues to ensure the fulfillment of administrative aspects of the projects and monitor compliance with contract requirements and national/organizational protocols;
- Work with the Education Coordinator and the Amel’s communication team to develop visibility material and ensure the projects is visible at the center -level. Provide guidance and follow up with the field coordinator to the team members regarding communication and visibility;
- Support the Education Coordinator and the Programs’ & Partnerships’ coordinator in the development of projects’ proposals as necessary.
Responsibility #2: Human Resources / Capacity Building
- In collaboration with the HR department, identify staffing needs and ensure that appropriate staff for the projects are recruited with clear job offers;
- Oversee, support and guide projects’ team members as necessary in close collaboration with HR Department, with an active contribution to the induction process of newcomers;
- Provide all necessary information and documentation to the HR Department to issue the service agreement for all personnel hired on the projects. Ensure that the process is well-tracked by updating the HR tracking table and upload the relevant documents online;
- Identify the gaps and the needs of capacity building in close collaboration with the Field Coordinator and the field teams. Coordinate with the Education Coordinator and the Learning Development Coordinator as well as other departments (CP, GBV, Health, etc.), to bridge the gaps and respond to the training needs. Ensure that the participation in capacity building opportunities is well tracked for all team members.
Responsibility #3 Monitoring & Evaluation / Reporting
- Oversee the collection of projects’ data with the support of the M&E officer and the Field Coordinator (depending on the recruited staff)- ensuring data quality, accuracy and safe storage;
- Support and guide in the development of the M&E plan and ensure the utilization and implementation of measuring tools to assess success in accordance to projects’ indicators;
- Complete and submit timely and detailed narrative reports to the partners, as per the agreed schedule and templates requirements in close collaboration with the Education Coordinator and the Programs’ & Partnerships’ coordinator
- Provide additional information and clarification to the partners if requested in a timely manner.
Responsibility #4 : Financial / Procurement duties
- Create budget monthly forecast as per the initial agreed budget, according to the needs of each project and in collaboration with the Finance department;
- Issue salary requests based on the team members’ timesheets and budget requests based on available budget and projects’ work plan, while ensuring optimization of resources;
- Ensure financial tracking: review the actual expenditures and update the budget forecast accordingly with the Finance Department. Communication with partners is also requested as per the administrative guidelines agreed on in the projects’ contracts;
- Review financial reports, including all supporting documents, with Finance department and ensure their timely submission to the partners;
- Provide additional documentation and answer the partners’ requests for complementary information / revision if necessary;
- Monitor with the Accountant and Finance department the request and receipt of funds for each project. Ensure that the process is well-tracked by updating the installment tracking table and upload the relevant documents online;
- Ensure timely procurement and maintenance of equipment in coordination with the procurement team and the field team members, in particular the Focal Points and the Heads of Centers.
Responsibility #5 : Internal coordination / Capacity-Building
- Participate in weekly team meetings. Be an active participants in internal and external meetings as requested, representing both Amel and the projects;
- Participate in all internal coordination meetings and fulfill the required coordination tools (calendar, checklist, etc.)
- Ensure that all documents and information related to the projects are accessible on the online shared folder;
- Ensure accountability to affected populations. Collaborate closely with the Education Department in the creation and the monitoring of tools related to community mobilization and participation. Through satisfaction tools, obtain feedback from local communities, key stakeholders and staff in order to improve access to quality services;
- Monitor contextual updates and engage in relevant coordination/information-sharing meetings as required to inform the Amel’s Education Programs’ strategy.
Perform other duties and responsibilities if necessary, according to the needs of the education program.
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.