Email your brief cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 15 September 2022.
Please indicate ‘Project Manager LEBANON´ as your email subject.
EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) is a policy network that provides expertise in the field of gender equality, democracy building and citizenship, and advocates for political solutions to all conflicts, and peoples´ rights to self-determination. EFI Headquarters are in Paris, with offices in Amman and Beirut. You can visit our website to know more about our work: www.efi-ife.org
In September 2022, EuroMed Feminist Initiative will start implementing a new project that aims to contribute to an inclusive, participatory and representative decision making, through combating Violence against women and girls (VAWG) and improving women’s participation from local to international decision-making (contingent upon confirmation of funding).
For this purpose, EFI is looking for a qualified Project Manager.
The Overall Responsibility is to manage the implementation of the action, i.e.:
- To coordinate and follow up with consortium members and partner Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Community-Based Organizations (CBOs)
- To take overall responsibility for the planning, management, execution and appropriate development of EFI’s work within the project
- To ensure proper Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), the project administration and archiving, the preparation of the reports for the donor, in coordination with EFI head office.
- To represent EFI in the project’s activities, liaise with project’s consortium members and partners, national and international stakeholders and to coordinate with EFI HQ in Paris and the other offices
- To promote EFI’s goals and vision, particularly through the project objectives.
We seek a person who:
- Ensures that the action is planned, resourced, implemented, monitored, evaluated and reported in a timely manner, to ensure that they are appropriate, cost effective, targeted, sustainable and in line with EFI’s goals and vision.
- As part of Project Steering Committee, collects and analyzes information regarding the political, security and humanitarian conditions within the country; ensures that there are regular effective communications with EFI’s team and consortium members; ensures that quality control mechanisms are in compliance with international women’s rights; provides technical guidance and ensures coordinated delivery as per national action.
- Takes active role to coordinate consortium members´ action and ensures the project progresses as per the established work plan; develops an annual project plan and contributes to EFI’s overall strategy.
- Ensures full compliance with EU and donor operational standards, control mechanism and reporting system; shares regular feedback with EFI’s management team on discussion points related to management, quality control and feedback on the project.
- Develops participatory approach in designing and implementing the project; promotes conducive environment for national and local stakeholders to take ownership of the project and supports their engagement and participation, to share values and genuine commitment for women’s rights and gender equality.
- Manages overall the Technical Management Unit (TMU) responsible to follow the day-to-day operations, encouraging it to work in collaboration with the HQ and within the region; oversees retention of a highly motivated team, including development, health and safety and performance management; ensures good practice and local legal requirements in relation to HR and develops and implements policies and systems in support of this aim with support from the HQ; promotes consistency of compliance in policies such as finance and procurement guidelines, ethical guidelines, Human Resources Handbook, and anti-corruption policy.
- Ensures coordination with consortium membres to support them in implementing activities outlined in the project objectives through project management tools; provides support and advice for short-coming and minimizes failure risks
- Works closely with the Communication team to ensure that views, statements and visibility are appropriately resourced in line with donor’s requirement; ensures there is an agreement with consortium members prior to publication or release; mitigates the risk by taking into account the context.
- Ensures the proper documentation and archiving of all data, information, and reports of all processes and activities related to the project.
- Takes part in EFI’s larger picture in ending discrimination and oppression of women through global work and network.
- Engages with partners and other counterparts to ensure the successful implementation of the project.
- Ensures the timely implementation of all activities and the meeting of deadlines.
- Follows up and monitors project implementation in respect of EFI main M&E frameworks, procurement, ethical guidelines and anti-corruption policy
- Prepares and submits timely and quality reports as per the requirements of EU.
- Leads the project assessments, designs monthly planning and review meetings.
- Develops and ensures smooth and fruitful communication with all partners and stakeholders
- Takes part in regular staff meeting and contributes to data and records collection for the audit process
This position reports directly to the Head of Programmes (Paris office) and the Senior Programme Manager (Beirut office), under the supervision of the Executive Director. Close cooperation with the Finance officer, the Communication and Media team and the M&E Consultant.
- University degree in gender studies, social sciences or development studies. Relevant courses related to gender studies, conflict management, advocacy, women’s economic empowerment, project cycle management are assets. Master degree is desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Arabic is essential. French language is a plus.
- Excellent Microsoft Office application.
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in project management (design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) with the development field including with regards to women’s rights and peacebuilding.
- Knowledge of women’s rights, gendered peace building regional and international human rights mechanisms and transitional justice process
- Prior experience in managing EU-funded project is a strong plus.
- Established record or proven ability to conduct strategic planning, program development and monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge in administrative and accounting procedures and financial reporting
- Knowledge of civil society and networking
- Experience in organizing capacity building workshops, conferences, meetings and events
- Ability to work closely and establish positive relationships with a consortium members, local structures and to engage with various stakeholders; experience in remote management is a plus
- Ability to take initiative, work autonomously and think creatively
- Energetic and positive attitude with strong interpersonal and intrapersonal skills
- Flexibility and team approach to programmatic work
- Analytical and problem-solving approach
- Ability to multi-task effectively, including having excellent planning, organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way, presents effectively.
- This role is open for qualified candidates
- Duty station is in Beirut with possible travels in the region
- A fixed-term position (12-months), extendable.
Why should you apply?
- Impact: You will contribute to promoting women’s rights and peacebuilding in the region.
- Meaningful: You’ll be playing a key role in the project to contribute to an inclusive, participatory and representative decision making, through combating VAWG and improving women’s participation from local to international decision-making.
- Career: You will be leading a new exciting project by collaborating with EFI’s key stakeholders.
- A great place to work: You will work in a dynamic environment with colleagues sharing values to respect the human rights of women and men.
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.