Programme Officer in Lebanon
Please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected] before the 8th of August 2022. This position will be filled immediately.
EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) is a policy network that provides expertise in the field of gender equality, democracy building and citizenship, and advocates for political solutions to all conflicts, and peoples´ rights to self-determination. EFI encompasses women’s rights organizations from the two shores of the Mediterranean and seeks to correct the gender power imbalances through ending discrimination and oppression of women and bringing about positive change for the whole society. EFI Headquarters are in Paris, with offices in Amman, Beirut and Erbil. You can visit our website to know more about our work: www.efi-ife.org
On the 1st of January 2021, EFI will implement the third phase of the Syria programme, with the project “Supporting political transition in Syria through gender-sensitive social reconstruction”, funded by the Swedish International Development and Cooperation agency (SIDA).
The project aims at promoting women’s rights, combatting violence against women and gender discrimination, as well as ensuring women’s role and meaningful participation at all level of political, social and economic transition in Syria. In this frame, EFI organizes trainings, conferences, lobby and study trips, among other activities, for Syrian lawyers, jurists and women rights activists working to advance women’s rights and gender equality.
For this project, EFI is looking for a qualified Programme Officer based in Beirut.
The Overall Responsibility as a Programme Officer is:
- To follow up and coordinate activities; support the follow up on projects; maintain relations with partners; program administration and archiving, supporting the reporting and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
- To contribute to elaborating EFI’s project activities and identifying opportunities that would support the achievement of EFI’s goals and vision and particularly Syria Programme’s objectives.
We seek a person who:
- Engages with Country Teams and other counterparts to ensure successful implementation of Syria Programme.
- Supports the planning, execution, and follow-up of EFI’s events in Beirut.
- Utilizes project action plan to follow on set targets and timelines of reporting and documentation;
- Updates the QIN on a monthly basis in coordination with the Programme Coordinator
- Supports in the base line survey, project assessments, designs and weekly/monthly planning and review meetings.
- Prepares and submits timely and quality weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and other relevant reports as per the requirements of the programme.
- Create visibility props to share information about program portfolio, projects and impacts; works in collaboration with Program Team in Beirut, Amman and Paris as well as Communication team on design and content.
- Supports in following up on partners’ activities and projects and provides relevant and adequate technical assistance.
- Drafts the activities reports per EFI’s format and guidelines.
- Supports in reviewing partners’ reports, logframes and action plans along with drafting the Decision Making Procedures MEMO.
- Learns best practice with partners and other Program Team within the region and shares relevant information with them;
- Upon request, represents IFE-EFI at seminars, conferences, meeting and other events and acts as a spokesperson.
- Takes part of regular staff meeting and completes the weekly task report to be in line with performance management; contributes to data and records collection for the audit process.
This position reports directly to EFI’s Programme Manager who is based in Beirut.
Close collaboration with Programme Officer in Paris, Communication team who is based in Beirut and Amman.
- University degree in social sciences or development studies or peace and conflict. Relevant courses related to gender studies, conflict management, advocacy, project cycle management.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Arabic is essential. French language is desirable.
- Excellent Microsoft Office application.
- A minimum of four years of relevant work experience within development field such as refugees, GBV, C&V with NGO, University, donor institution is required.
- Proven experience in project implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
- Awareness of and sensitive to working in multiple socio-economic settings and with multi-cultural groups.
- Ability to work closely and establish positive relationships with local structure and to engage with various stakeholders.
- Knowledge of women’s rights, international law, including human rights, humanitarian law, criminal law and regional and international human rights mechanisms.
- Ability to take initiative, work with minimum supervision.
- Energetic and positive attitude with strong interpersonal and intrapersonal skills.
- Flexibility and team approach to programmatic work.
- Analytical and problem-solving approach.
- Willingness to use initiative, work independently and think creatively.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, including having excellent planning, organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way, presents effectively.
- This role is open for qualified Lebanese candidates.
- Duty station is in Beirut.
A fixed-term position with contract length of 12 (twelve) months extendable
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.