We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. (Both are required for an application to be considered)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Triangle bridges the divide between policymaking, research, and the media. Our work aims to transform complex and detailed information into compelling messages that generate lasting, positive impacts in the communities we work in and the partners we work with.
Badil (The Alternative) is a Triangle initiative committed to restoring the media’s crucial function of upholding political accountability. Launched as an online publication in early 2022, it aims to help foster a richer, more inclusive, and informed democratic discourse in Lebanon. Through on the ground research, analysis and media monitoring, Badil tackles both longstanding and emerging policy issues, holding political leaders to account and offering alternative perspectives and policy options to the prevailing dominant narratives.
As a growing organization, Triangle is looking for highly motivated individuals whose expertise and innovative ideas will help further our mission. We work in a multilingual, highly collaborative environment, with staff distributed over multiple time zones and countries. As such, we seek colleagues who can manage projects independently and deliver exceptional results. In return, we offer unusual autonomy and opportunities for growth. If this sounds like the team you’ve been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
Triangle is now looking for a person with exceptional editing, writing, and management skills to become the Managing Editor of Triangle. The Managing Editor is responsible for the timely production of written and visual content that engages readers with clear and strong policy messages affecting the West Asia and North Africa region. Based on an agreed weekly schedule, the Managing Editor will liaise with Triangle’s policy, graphics, media monitoring, and translation departments to ensure that all deliverables meet Triangle’s required level of rigour. The Managing Editor is required to guide and support internal and external content contributors from ideation to implementation and publishing. This requires that the Managing Editor help other staff members identify viable research topics and generate a plan for collecting data, as well as analysing and publishing its content. At times, the role will require that the Managing Editor personally contribute to content editing and writing, as well as data collection
Duties and Responsibilites
- Lead and manage Triangle contributors to ensure timely production of regular written and visual content across Triangle’s policy, graphics, communications, media monitoring, and translation departments.
- Provide ideation and implementation guidance to staff and contributors such that all content meets Triangle’s required standards of rigour.
- Assist Triangle Directors with generating overall strategic direction for Triangle’s policy and media projects, which further the institution’s mission of advocating progressive reform for the West Asia and North Africa region.
- As required, contribute directly to content production through data collection, writing articles and reports, and editing colleagues’ work.
- Lead communications strategies for increased organizational visibility, and oversee implementation of strategies and action plans.
- Produces periodic policy papers (with infographics) on key socio-economic issues facing Lebanon, including actionable policy recommendations.
- Support any other task related to Triangle’s written and audio-visual content, as required.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation of project outcomes.
- Run and attend regular team and project meetings with staff, donors and partners as required.
- At least five years of experience working in journalism, editing, or related disciplines. Previous work in a fast-paced newsroom setting is a plus.
- An established portfolio of media content (text and/or multimedia) in English, both in terms of writing and editing.
- Project management experience required.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods, especially when working in a collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with public policymaking, preferably with a view to generating actionable policy recommendations.
- Deep knowledge of political and socio-economic issues in West Asia and North Africa, as well as experience living in the region. Some experience in Lebanon preferred.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing, and speaking) and (ideally) proficiency in Arabic. French language skills are a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and also operate independently, including under tight deadlines.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the capacity to lead and motivate staff while also managing clients’ expectations.