REQUIRES A COVER LETTER?:
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINE:
All CVs without this subject line or cover letters will not be considered.
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
About the job:
In this position, the Finance Manager makes sure to keep all financial operations up to date such as budgeting, preparation of payment and invoices, and developing the requested financial reports. He/she oversees the financial administrative tasks as requested by AICA’s Director and Head of Programs. He/she works closely with the Logistics Manager to ensure all POs and payments related to each purchase order are well processed, monitored and verified within the budget line of the particular program. He/she oversees the finance operations of the Finance Officers and assists the Top Management in budgeting for new programs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure financial control in all AICA’s centers including AICA’s: Community kitchen, PHCC, Community Center, School, and Back office
- Lead internal financial assessment to identify the gaps and develop the needed action plan
- Responsible for forecasting and monitoring budgets and maintaining financial control of each program with close communication held with the Programs Manager and Head of Programs.
- Works on developing AICA’s online financial system, aiming to include all the supporting documents as suggested by auditors and any other donors' similar requests.
- Applies all donors' financial /reporting suggestions for all projects.
- Prepares and ensures timely and accurate financial reports requested by AICA’s donors.
- Oversees all financial operations, and reports directly to the director and/or programs manager.
- Prepares all payment slips/salaries at the end of each month and maintains efficient communication and coordination with the bank.
- Communicates effectively with the "Procurement Unit" on the various tasks that starts with procurement and end with the Finance Unit for control of payments.
- Updates the organization’s policies and procedures regularly in order to develop a better financial system.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors to make sure AICA is operating in compliance with Lebanese regulations including NSSF, Income tax, etc...
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information and delegates main accounting tasks to the Finance Officers/assistants with her/his effective oversight
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Focuses on budget monitoring, where it shows budgeted amounts versus actual and proposes action based on the identified variances.
- Gets actively involved in forecasting and preparing amendments as discussed with top management.
- Manages logistics tasks related to operations
- Monitors disbursement of seed-funding related to AICA projects
- Develops, promotes, and implements appropriate financial strategies aligned with AICA’s mission and programs.
- Assists Top Management on all new programs when it comes to budgeting skills and any other tasks as requested by management.
- Train and Build the capacity of AICA’s finance personnel as needed
AICA ERP system
- Ensure proper application of ERP finance processes in the organization
- Apply reports and data analytics from ERP system to improve performance in the organization
About the Candidate
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 3 years experience in a senior financial management position
- At least 3 years experience with non-governmental organizations
- Advanced proficiency in Excel as well as experience working in a financial IT system
- Proficiency in English
Contract length: 6 months
Duty station: Tripoli
Latest expected start date: January 3, 2022
Candidates that can join immediately are asked to state that clearly in their cover letter