Surge Project Manager
Only Applicants who meet the minimum required qualifications will be shortlisted.
Interested applicants are required to submit their CVs to [email protected] with the subject line "Job Application - Surge Project Manager".
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission with a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the people through its emergency aid, development, and orphan sponsorship programs in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
SIF commenced operations in Lebanon in 2012, duly registered in Lebanon by Decree 13572/2014, and has its Lebanon Country Office on the 1st Floor, Lamod Building, Berlin Street, Raouche. SIF implements programs for Syrian and Palestinian refugees, as well as vulnerable host populations, in Beirut, Mount Lebanon, and North Lebanon, regardless of their social, religious, or cultural affiliations. Our sectors of operation are Child Protection, Livelihoods, and Food Security, both directly and with national NGO partners, with previous implementation in the WASH, Education, and Social Stability, Sectors. SIF actively participates in both National and Regional coordination mechanisms and liaises with relevant local authorities
Under the management of the Program Coordinator, the Surge Project Manager to oversee the implementation of the Child Sponsorship Program's short-term seasonal projects (Ramadan, Qobani) and any emergency projects secured by SIF Lebanon or HQ. This position will also provide support to the program team in the feasibility and design of new projects and programs, and represent SIF at appropriate coordination fora.
LOCATION / REGION: Beirut, with regular field visits in greater Beirut and North Lebanon (Tripoli).
MISSION AND ACTIVITIES:
SIF is seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual for the position of Surge Project Manager to work in SIF Beirut office. This position will also require frequent travel to North Lebanon.
The tasks described in this job description are not exhaustive or limited. Due to the nature of the mission and the organization, the Surge may be requested to perform further tasks related to his/her responsibilities.
The Surge Project Manager will be accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with SIF values and Principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect, and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report technically to the Program Coordinator
- Develop SIF capacity in the sectors of project implementation, and set strategies and operational measures to effectively respond to the need.
- Provide guidance and direction for effective planning, and implementation of agreed plans.
- Monitor the program and make adjustments as necessary while ensuring the quality control of overall program implementation;
- Undertake situational and context analyses, needs assessments, and beneficiary-focused consultations.
- Establish and maintain strong linkage with local vocational training providers, local NGOs and institutions, and the private sector, and make recommendations on how to fill gaps.
- Maintain solid relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the Program Coordinator and technical teams to ensure harmonization with the SIF Global Strategy, the SIF Lebanon Strategy, and program approaches.
- Contribute to the design of new projects and the writing of proposals.
- Coordinate with the MEAL manager (Officer) to ensure all internal and donor MEAL tools are completed on a timely basis.
- Serve as the Project Budget Holder and oversee effective financial management of grant/s and activities.
- Ensure all procurement requests and specifications are submitted to the SIF logistics department in a timely fashion.
- Make frequent field visits to affected areas to monitor the implementation of activities, identify opportunities and constraints, and any adjustments needed including additional staffing or staff training.
- Working closely with HR to provide administrative operational support to SIF in the event of a rapid onset humanitarian response. Includes deploying personnel rapidly at short notice with occasional out-of-hours working, dependent upon the nature of the emergency response.
- Contribute to the staff recruitment process for surge program teams.
- Daily management of staff while managing effective communication and feedback mechanisms.
- Coordinate monthly meetings with staff (two social workers and CP Technical officer) and report to the Program coordinator.
- Ensure good communication/ coordination of information between the team members through regular coordination meetings (or other if needed);
- Handle conflict resolution (personal and professional) within the team.
- Facilitate the direct delivery of training and knowledge transfer activities to help build the capacity of the surge team (two social workers and a CP Technical officer)
MONITORING AND EVALUATION
- Coordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual action plans for the implementation and management of the project.
- Ensure strong coordination with the MEAL Manager/Officer to monitor the implementation of the planned Activities.
- Supervise the Documentation, promptly, of all progress, challenges, and learning for future implementation of similar projects and accountability in coordination with the MEAL Manager/Officer.
- Ensure strong coordination of project activities to beneficiaries and different stakeholders under the supervision of the Program coordinator.
- Set up and lead coordination with government authorities and persons of concern to develop strategies and action plans.
- Participate in relevant Sector and Lebanon INGO Forum Working Groups, representing the interests of SIF and our beneficiaries.
- Liaise with other agencies, NGOs, government bodies, and donors to ensure coordination, implementation of common standards in the field, and consideration of protection issues in assistance programs.
- Monthly report (in the proper reporting format) to be delivered to the Program Coordinator; which includes: the number of beneficiaries, actions taken, number of house visits conducted, awareness-raising activities, and number of people attending the session with a breakdown per age group and gender; should also include charts, trend analysis, challenges and solutions.
- The Narrative Reports on project implementation by donor reporting requirements.
- Coordinate with the MEAL officer to provide the post-distribution monitoring (PDM) report and ensure that the results of the distributions conducted are included in the monthly project reports.
- Monthly monitoring reports, in the SIF MEAL template.
- Update the Activity info reporting platform with project achievements of the preceding month.
- Prepare emergency reports that describe response and needs, and preliminary assessments.
- Complies with corporate policies and standards: Safeguarding Children and Child Protection Policy, Anti–Fraud and Corruption Policy, Confidentiality Policy, Code of Conduct, Whistle Blowing, HR Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures commitment to SIF’s position on promoting women's rights and gender equality, and integrating this into all aspects of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, or any related field.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience as a Project Manager in at least one of SIF’s Sector priority areas: Livelihoods, Food Security, Protection, Child Protection, Education, WASH, Emergency Response.
- Designing, implementing, and reporting on external donor-funded projects.
- Strong understanding and demonstratable experience in all stages of Project Cycle Management.
- Strong understanding of MEAL, including the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data in support of program development.
- Experience within another INGO is desired.
- Languages: Excellent command of English and Arabic (speaking and writing), French is an asset.
Flexibility, Organisation skills, Sense of responsibility, Analysis and coordination skills, Good interpersonal skills, Capacity to prioritize, and Strong humanitarian motivation.
The position is based in SIF's main office, Beirut Lebanon, with frequent travel to the sub-office in Tripoli.
CONDITION AND APPLICATION:
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV + a cover letter (including 3 referees with their current official contacts) by email to: [email protected]
Kindly please mention clearly in the e-mail, Cover Letter, and CV your name in consecutive order: 1) First name; 2) Surname; 3) Another name.
Mandatory: The email subject line should be marked: “Surge Project Manager".
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.